5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Customer Care on the 12" Uconnect Issue - They finally called.

Gemlin

Reaction score
I was just informed by "Diane" (case manager) from Ram Customer Care that she can not resolve, extend my warranty on the radio or give any recommendations on how to resolve the issue.

Her suggestion is take my truck to the dealer and let the service advisor drive the vehicle as their vehicle until the system messes up with them. When I asked, would you buy a 60k+ truck and allow someone else to use it? She said of course not, but if you want this fixed you will do this. (BTW I would have to pay for a rental, not Ram Customer Care).

She said the "Offline" Search for the N aviation is working as designed. When I bring up the fact that Ford & Chevys will SEARCH if I type Walmart in the search bar, while as my Ram one Sits and spins saying "Offline" displaying nothing. She said, it just searches your favorites. WTF?!?!?

She said Ram is working on the back up camera glitches

She said there is no issue with Blue Tooth putting anyone's mic on MUTE while talking on the phone (Yet I see many people posting about this).

She said that when the radio starts playing static, take it to the dealer. (I HAVE, TWICE, they RESET IT and say it's good. I want this to stop doing it.)

She told me that I have to take it to the dealer and allow them to drive it until it repeats all my issues with them. If I had to leave them the truck for a month or so and they can document it.

A MONTH!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

REALLY!?!?!?!

BTW: I asked When ford had an issue with their sync in their vehicle, their customer service gave me a Unlimited Mileage Warranty / 10 Years on the radio itself. I asked can they do something similar because I'm having issues and you haven't fixed it yet. She said NO. I asked what happens when my warranty expires, she said, I'm on my own and they would not be responsible for it...

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?

This is the FIRST and PROBABLY LAST Mopar product I will ever own. My wife's car is going to need replacing soon and I was thinking about buying a new Durango R/T or SRT but to heck with that. They won't honor their own warranty and won't do anything. I'd rather have a GM or Ford again, at least they take care of their customers.....

Rebel Soul

Reaction score
Welcome to the real (Concept) world....
We all are patiently waiting for all those Uconnect/SiriusXM-Guard/Ram (Don’t) Care /HK.....problems can be fixed...(Soon.....)

MacDuff

Reaction score
I can certainly understand your frustration. I had a similar situation with a brand new 2016 Denali 1500 (Loaded). Trans would bang every time I came to a stop. They told me sorry, no fix available, normal for this trans. Felt like someone was hitting me in the rear at every red light. This is what led me to my Ram. Unfortunately it can happen with the other brands as well and and is totally infuriating when you spend this much money on a vehicle.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
That is awful. There is no customer service in that interaction. Wow.

Might be time to escalate to your state's attorneys general or lemon law, etc.

Last edited:

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sadly, I had a lot of issues with the UConnect Nav 8.4 in a 2015 Dodge Journey that I owned. They replaced the unit three times. My issues were not the same as yours; but each time the unit was replaced; it corrected the problems. That is why I was a little leery about the new 12"....growing pains. Hopefully FCA will come out with software updates to correct your concerns. Despite the problems that I have had with my truck I will still buy Dodge/Jeep/RAM vehicles because they just feel right to me (if that makes sense). I have a 2018 Chevy and its an ok vehicle; but it feels cheap compared to my RAM. I can assure you that there are no problem free vehicles that will meet all of our expectations. The biggest piece of garbage I ever owned was a 2006 Toyota; even though all the reviews said it was the greatest vehicle ever. Just read through some of the forums for other vehicles; they are as full of complaints as our forum is.

derp

Reaction score
Sadly, I had a lot of issues with the UConnect Nav 8.4 in a 2015 Dodge Journey that I owned. They replaced the unit three times. My issues were not the same as yours; but each time the unit was replaced; it corrected the problems. That is why I was a little leery about the new 12"....growing pains. Hopefully FCA will come out with software updates to correct your concerns. Despite the problems that I have had with my truck I will still buy Dodge/Jeep/RAM vehicles because they just feel right to me (if that makes sense). I have a 2018 Chevy and its an ok vehicle; but it feels cheap compared to my RAM. I can assure you that there are no problem free vehicles that will meet all of our expectations. The biggest piece of garbage I ever owned was a 2006 Toyota; even though all the reviews said it was the greatest vehicle ever. Just read through some of the forums for other vehicles; they are as full of complaints as our forum is.
I know the "feels" part of a drive.

I've owned 7 Jeep XJs from 84-96. the passenger cabin had the perfect comfort dimensions for me. Grand Cherokee - nope. Wrangler - I got in, then right back out and told the dealer no.

when I spend so much time in that seat I want it to be comfortable.

Gemlin

Reaction score
Oh what made me laugh at Ram Customer Service is the following:

I asked them when will they fix the software problem with the 12in Uconnect.

Their response. We extensively test the software before releasing it to make sure there are no bugs. We do this all the time and we make sure there are no problems.

I then asked, Was this done prior to selling the 12in Radios to 2019+ Vehicles because mine is buggy.

Their Response ... Silence...

I then asked them to extend my radio's warranty... I was promptly told NO. I asked what if my mileage goes over the warranty limit before you fix it.. Her response, then it would be my responsibility to fix the radio.

WTF>

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Feel for you. CC gave me the same resolution as you with my chirping brake pads. I’ve fixed them myself and will continue to fix them myself as they start to make noise with a little dab of grease. That however pales in comparison to your issue. They need to replace your whole infotainment / communication system to at least give it an effort. This and the other forum are filled with the generic Ram CC response to MANY issues and questionable resolutions.

I am on my 3rd Ram (all different gens) and while I do love the product, especially the newest gen., they’ve all had quirks that were never resolved. I’m getting to an age where my next purchase will be with a brand that has the best customer service and not necessarily the perceived best features. After all, what good is a feature if it doesn’t work.

Twister

Reaction score
I think in order for them to change their ways, an all out assault on their product would have to take place, like a collection for bill boards in Detroit where they are made and towns where their truck market share are the strongest. My 12" has acted up once but corrected itself and it hasn't since.

derp

Reaction score
I think in order for them to change their ways, an all out assault on their product would have to take place, like a collection for bill boards in Detroit where they are made and towns where their truck market share are the strongest. My 12" has acted up once but corrected itself and it hasn't since.
nobody lives in detroit who can afford these trucks anymore. if you really want to punch them in the wallet get a buzzfeed /reddit bitchfest going about how you can't listen to your Sirius XM due to ****ty factory radio support.

Advertising and subscription revenue joints don't take bad press lightly. a First sale manufacturer could harvest our tears to water their money tree for all they care. job's done once you pay. extending warranties is cost. parts replacements that are hard to reproduce fault or have no clear revenue, cost sink hell. if you never turn the radio on again FCA doesn't really lose.

FCAs manufacture partnership with XM..... well that is subject to pressure. not pressure from you or I, but pressure from someone who has a revenue agreement and contracts with penalties.

R

Rob5589

That sucks man. Sounds like your past Ford sucked too. Chevy next time? I'd be tempted to break it in some discreet way so they'd have to replace it. Sounds shady, and it is but, they aren't leaving you much choice :mad:

paulvi01

Reaction score
That sucks man. Sounds like your past Ford sucked too. Chevy next time? I'd be tempted to break it in some discreet way so they'd have to replace it. Sounds shady, and it is but, they aren't leaving you much choice :mad:
I running my second 2019 with the same offline, problem rattle noise in the back of the cabin, i will not spend one more dollar in FCA they know its my 5th truck in less than 2 years, warranty representative BS they don't hear noise they don't see anything its bad. FCA its selling this truck for the 12" screen with the Nav not work is the biggest fraud of a company can made for sell. Please don't sent me a message trying to looks costumer its first FCA know that radio its a fraud and costumer service.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had my truck in the shop last week for USB not working (therefore no CarPlay). It has been ongoing since new, so over a year and a half. When I picked up the truck, battery was dead. They ended up replacing it.
Fast forward to some torrential rain we had, so wanted to use 4WD auto right after I picked it up, and guess what... It does not shift to 4WD auto (or high for that matter), so I will have to take it back to the dealer. Very, very frustrated. Love the truck (my third RAM BTW), but the electrical/UConnect issues are unbearable. It’s a shame since the ride and comfort are unparalleled. I love everything else about this truck, just wish FCA would get their act together and fix these issues. My patience is wearing thin...

fredrk123

Reaction score
I had my truck in the shop last week for USB not working (therefore no CarPlay). It has been ongoing since new, so over a year and a half. When I picked up the truck, battery was dead. They ended up replacing it.
Fast forward to some torrential rain we had, so wanted to use 4WD auto right after I picked it up, and guess what... It does not shift to 4WD auto (or high for that matter), so I will have to take it back to the dealer. Very, very frustrated. Love the truck (my third RAM BTW), but the electrical/UConnect issues are unbearable. It’s a shame since the ride and comfort are unparalleled. I love everything else about this truck, just wish FCA would get their act together and fix these issues. My patience is wearing thin...
i'm going through the same mess with the usb issues and the navigation concerns. I can't wait for this big update coming out that is supposed to fix these issues....we will see

Gemlin

Reaction score
Yeah, they told me that their "Update" will fix this. But I should take it back to the dealer to have them investigate it more. My response, you want me to leave my truck with the dealer, pay for my own rental, for an issue you know is wrong? If you know it's broken, why do I have to take my truck to the dealer, especially since you do not have a fix for it. Even if they verify it's doing it, what is the fix?

At least when I had issue with Ford, they replaced the radio the first time. Then gave me an extended warranty on the radio for "Unlimited Miles" / 10 years. That goes a long way of a company stating they will take care of you. FCA, NOPE, it's your problem buddy....

Twister

Reaction score
nobody lives in detroit who can afford these trucks anymore. if you really want to punch them in the wallet get a buzzfeed /reddit bitchfest going about how you can't listen to your Sirius XM due to ****ty factory radio support.

Advertising and subscription revenue joints don't take bad press lightly. a First sale manufacturer could harvest our tears to water their money tree for all they care. job's done once you pay. extending warranties is cost. parts replacements that are hard to reproduce fault or have no clear revenue, cost sink hell. if you never turn the radio on again FCA doesn't really lose.

FCAs manufacture partnership with XM..... well that is subject to pressure. not pressure from you or I, but pressure from someone who has a revenue agreement and contracts with penalties.

Hmm, I was in Detroit a few weeks ago and they were everywhere, lots of people in Dearborn, Southfield, and Allen Park can afford these trucks. don't kid yourself

Entersandman

Reaction score
I can certainly understand your frustration. I had a similar situation with a brand new 2016 Denali 1500 (Loaded). Trans would bang every time I came to a stop. They told me sorry, no fix available, normal for this trans. Felt like someone was hitting me in the rear at every red light. This is what led me to my Ram. Unfortunately it can happen with the other brands as well and and is totally infuriating when you spend this much money on a vehicle.

If you have the 8 speed transmission there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) from GM to fix your issue. I had a 2016 Silverado LTZ with the same issue. The TSB tells the dealer change out the fluid to a different transmission fluid that has performed far better. I was actually given a new trans by GM. The dealer failed to switch out the fluid like I asked and I got rid of it on a '19 Ram 2500. Now I'm here because the bright lights won't stay on, they will flash on their own and the radio goes all static when I use the NAV.

TSB-18-NA-355 for your trans issue Good luck

Narg

Reaction score
@Gemlin, good luck on finding any vehicle today that doesn't have a personality (i.e. software glitches.) My current Chevy has many software issues, as does my neighbor's Ford. Seems Telsa is the only company that gets that software updates need to be often and over the air. All other car companies rarely if at all update buggy software, and usually only if you pay a dealer to update your vehicle's systems. The modern world seems to be really confusing to car OEMs. This is a very sad state of affairs we are in.

borden72

Reaction score
I would escalate your case up to the area manager and start emailing the executive staff at FCA. FCA can do many things to assist customers. I was provided an 7 year extended warranty with $0 deductible for my Hellcat with Uconnect issues. You're not talking to the right person to help you. If they are not helping with reasonable requests then take it up a notch. I can help with email addresses for FCA if needed. I've already wrote them twice and helped others.

e55amg2

Reaction score
She said there is no issue with Blue Tooth putting anyone's mic on MUTE while talking on the phone (Yet I see many people posting about this).

It's not that the mic gets muted, it's a glitch in the BT software itself. What kind of phone are you using? I've had this happen (anywhere from 2 min to 16min into the call) on two different samsung devices (note 9 and note 10+). Ram customer care gave me an FCA case number to get the system updated (not sure if said update exists, or they're just blowing smoke).

Users who are viewing this thread