5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram convert new to forum

Switch22

Reaction score
Former Silverado owner, I finally came to my senses and ordered a new Ram 1500 Laramie this week. Spec'd it out with the Hemi (non-eTorque), Sport, Level 1, OffRoad, and Bed Utility groups, 12" Uconnect, Wheel to Wheel running boards (happy wife) and Multi-Function tailgate. Diamond Black Crystal Pearl with the optional polished 5 spoke wheels (don't like the murdered out black look). Can't wait for it to arrive and have been told by the dealer it should be here in 2 or 3 months. It's been several years since I got rid of my 2015 Silverado due primarily to it's junky 8 speed transmission and have wanted another truck for some time. I've been researching all the major truck brands for several months watching endless hours of you tube reviews and spending countless hours on build and price configurators. It was finally time to pull the trigger. It's going to be a pretty long three months.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Switch22

Reaction score
The ram 8 speed is far superior to the gm products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That definitely aided in my decision. I was extremely pleased with the 8 speed we had in our Rubicon.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
... Offroad ... Wheel to Wheel running boards (happy wife) ... optional polished 5 spoke wheels (don't like the murdered out black look) ...
With Off Road Group added ride height, you too will like the running boards ... and I'm with you 100% about overdone all-black w/ black wheels, the polished ones are way better.

Looking forward to photos of your new Ram when you finally take delivery.

Welcome,
Dave

Switch22

Reaction score
With Off Road Group added ride height, you too will like the running boards ... and I'm with you 100% about overdone all-black w/ black wheels, the polished ones are way better.

Welcome,
Dave
Will definitely post pics. Might be some time though. I ordered the truck Tuesday, was told I'd have my VIN and order number Thursday - still waiting. Hope they didn't over state 2-3 months for delivery. No matter, it will be worth the wait.

The Ram air Intake you installed, Dave - is that the Ram AirFlow as included in the new GT package?

Switch22

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I've been researching on this forum for a while now. Felt it was time to join-up once my order was placed. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Martinomon

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new too. Love my 2021 Longhorn 6 .I know you're going to also! Best truck I've had so far ....

Switch22

Reaction score
Welcome! Congrats on the order!
Thanks. I think I got my order in just in time. Read things over the weekend about the order books possibly being closed since mid-May. Received email confirmation yesterday, saying order was accepted, with VIN and order number. Can't wait.

Switch22

Reaction score

Welcome,
Dave
Took "last minute" delivery yesterday to close before month end. Not bad, two months from order to delivery. Sitting in the garage until I get insurance on it tomorrow. Lovin' the look so far. Plenty of us ol' timers rubber-necking when they saw it on the lot yesterday. I like just a little bling, versus the murdered out look. And yea, I know, I know... chrome running boards on an "Off Road" truck. You all know the phrase - Happy Wife...

Attachments

• Ram Delivery.jpg
    Ram Delivery.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Ram Delivery2.jpg
    Ram Delivery2.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 33

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Took "last minute" delivery yesterday to close before month end. Not bad, two months from order to delivery. Sitting in the garage until I get insurance on it tomorrow. Lovin' the look so far. Plenty of us ol' timers rubber-necking when they saw it on the lot yesterday. I like just a little bling, versus the murdered out look. And yea, I know, I know... chrome running boards on an "Off Road" truck. You all know the phrase - Happy Wife...
I had the wheel-to-wheel side steps on my last Ram- Great choice. That little extra length of step is quite useful when you want to reach something at the front of the bed, or strap something to the front tiedown. Congrats on the new arrival, by the way🍻

Klink

Reaction score
I had the wheel-to-wheel side steps on my last Ram- Great choice. That little extra length of step is quite useful when you want to reach something at the front of the bed, or strap something to the front tiedown. Congrats on the new arrival, by the way🍻
Congratulations on the order of your new truck. I came over from the Ford side of the house and love the ram so far it is an upgrade in every measurable area. I like the way you speced your truck that is going to be really nice.

Switch22

Reaction score
Congratulations on the order of your new truck. I came over from the Ford side of the house and love the ram so far it is an upgrade in every measurable area. I like the way you speced your truck that is going to be really nice.
Funny how one can spec their Laramie into the Limited price range. Limited offers better value in some senses, but I like the look of the Laramie Sport better. No disappointments, no regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/