5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Charger Wireless Charger

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to add an after market ram charger wireless charging pad to the phone dock in the console? I'm also curious if Apple Car Play would connect without a corded connection. Anyone have any experience with this?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can add the mopar wireless but not worth the $$ in my opinion, especially if you have to plug in the phone for CarPlay. You can add any other wireless charger you’d like. It’s just a question of having integrated you want it

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Android Auto works cordless. Don't know about inferior phones.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw you could add one in the center console arm rest (upper lid) but I haven't paid attention to see if aftermarket under the radio (the rubber tray area).

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

You're the first person I've heard say this does....have you tried this, as it's not advertised nor does it look like the hardware is in the truck for it...the charging pad appears to purely a charging pad and the wireless is just a hotspot....

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I was talking about connecting to the radio without the cord. I do not know about the charging pad.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My Android Auto won't work wireless through Bluetooth or any other way. It works perfectly when plugged in. I have a Motorola Play Z2 phone. But I tried it with a new Samsung Galaxy and it wouldn't work without being plugged in.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Mine auto connects when I get close to the truck.
Did you setup the Android Auto app?

It is kind of annoying sometimes...it pops up a screen similar to when it is plugged in, but not so simple and graceful.

I can play through bluetooth, too.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Neither CarPlay nor Android Auto work over wireless on our trucks. They simply don't have the hardware for it, so it's not going to happen.

The wireless charger is an available add on, however, it does seem pretty involved to install, as it's pretty deep in the console.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It is kind of annoying sometimes...it pops up a screen similar to when it is plugged in, but not so simple and graceful.

Wait. You get Android Auto over wireless? Like not the Uconnect phone system or Bluetooth audio, but full on Android Auto in the top half of the screen?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My phone auto loads Android auto, but it will not appear on the screen unless it's plugged in. There's no way to use the Google maps or other stuff on the feature without it being plugged in.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
It has been a while since I used it. I don't think it is full function, or is a little more complicated to get to play...I prefer plugging it in to get the charge. I will have to mess with it next time I am in the truck to see what it was that I didn't like about it.

I remember being surprised that it worked, because I didn't think it would. I had to double check it just to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread