5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Cares as my partner

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If ever I decide to become a criminal I want Ram Cares as my partner. This way, if they get caught and I get away, the police will go insane trying to get a straight answer out of them!
Only way to get things fixed is to bring it to your dealer and start getting documentation of the issue. After the 4th time an issue is not fixed by a certified FCA dealership and documented then you can start getting money back on your truck or a new truck. Screw Ram Cares they won't help you and dont have the power to anyways nor does your dealership its way above that

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man...I just do not understand how this helps anything.

It doesn't. Why anyone would want to belittle a group of people who voluntarily monitor this forum and offer assistance is beyond me. Even if you believe their support isn't super helpful for your issue, that doesn't mean it won't be for someone else - either for the same issue or something else entirely.

I see more people bitching @RamCares demanding updates on trucks ordered with late availability items and its starting to turn me off of this forum.

Keep openly chastising RamCares, and I'd wager their presence will slowly dwindle away from 5thgenrams.com. They have a lot of other sites to monitor, why would they choose to stick around here if it feels unappreciated?

cjgerson

Reaction score

Completely agree.

It doesn't. Why anyone would want to belittle a group of people who voluntarily monitor this forum and offer assistance is beyond me. Even if you believe their support isn't super helpful for your issue, that doesn't mean it won't be for someone else - either for the same issue or something else entirely.

I see more people bitching @RamCares demanding updates on trucks ordered with late availability items and its starting to turn me off of this forum.

Keep openly chastising RamCares, and I'd wager their presence will slowly dwindle away from 5thgenrams.com. They have a lot of other sites to monitor, why would they choose to stick around here if it feels unappreciated?

Well said!!!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I agree with you 100% that Ram Cares prolly will drift away but there no way Ramcares is going to be able to fix someones issues with their individual truck. Sure they might be able to get some info or pass our info up the chain of command. You can completely disagree with me but I been in a battle with he FCA for 6 months I know where a customer has to go before actions with the FCA start taking place and trust me its not your dealership and or ram cares. Once the car leaves a dealers lot there is a lot of things that dealership cannot do for you (customers). They are quick to take our money but after that if you dont directly talk with FCA or possibly hire a lawyer your truck won't be fixed if the dealer cannot handle the issue.

Feel free to disagree thats totally fine or say something about how Ram Cares if going to leave this forum but I have seen way more of the FCA then the average buyer from the FCA chain of command let alone having family working for the FCA.

RAM customer service is garbage and Ram has a lot of angry customers. It just matters how far a customer wants to push the issue. I guarantee you some e-torque customer out here will bring a lawsuit to the FCA

I have seen two people on here at least that have had Ram Cares tell them to private message them but then never hear a response back. Thats garbage also. If you dont have the answer then say that instead of leaving a customer in the dust. I still haven't heard back from them from my private message.

FCA online chat is a joke and so is calling them they provide you with either someone else's truck Vin # info or completely lie and say your in KZ when your actually in D1 or one employee will tell you detailed info that another employee won't. Thats not fair customer service also. The words "shortly" & "soon" dont help customers.

This is my 3rd and last Ram. Just my personal opinion but I will never buy Ram again after the customer service experience I have had over the last 6 months. Ram Cares is also probably being paid by the FCA to monitor forums too so probably not as much "volunteering" going on here.

When you buy a "good" and it has not been released yet but the company selling the "good" and accepting payment for the "good" it should have a release date for its customer. Not let its customer keep wondering whats going on with their head in the clouds and then allow the selling company lie to their face (customer) on a daily basis about production date or delivery dates that constantly change.

Ram/FCA's customer service is full of scripted garbage answers that change daily but no actual useful or helpful information.

Can't speak for anyone but myself but 60k is a decent amount of money and I except decent customer service. Maybe @RamCares can actually say something that not politically correct and help customers on here that are spending decent money.

Last edited:

FLG8R

Reaction score
Of course you don't! You gave up waiting, crossed the road and SETTLED for one off the lot. Some of us see it differently. We want what Ram advertised and we ordered. We're trying to get Rams attention without settling for anything less. Why is it that you can't support us? Ram created this problem not us. Don't get upset at us for refusing to bury our heads in the sand.

Cluck

Reaction score
Just forget RAM and go buy a GM or Ford .... the grass is always greener! Oh wait.. I have been there and it's not. The point is we are just a number to all of them. They could all care less so pick your poison......

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I not only settled for a fully loaded Limited, but I did it with capital letters too huh?....interesting. I hope you find the hug you so badly need.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just forget RAM and go buy a GM or Ford .... the grass is always greener! Oh wait.. I have been there and it's not. The point is we are just a number to all of them. They could all care less so pick your poison......
Sure we can be a "number" but matters how far you want to push the issue. For example myself been fighting for 6 months and now I am getting a new 2019 Ram specially ordered on how I wanted it and money provided to me also. Dont just sit back and watch do something about the issues that are presented to us

If they could all care less as you say no one should be getting upset that people on here are calling them out on their bs then

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I not only settled for a fully loaded Limited, but I did it with capital letters too huh?....interesting. I hope you find the hug you so badly need.
or just get him the product he ordered....or maybe some answers to his ?'s

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
alwi228: "Wow....Slim, that is infuriating. @RamCares, SUPER happy customer speaking, at 60k for a truck....maybe give the guy a phone call. I'd call him for 5 bucks."

This is what you said few days ago. "Slim" getting ignored by "Ram Cares" then they have the nerve to like your comment. LOL what a joke hopefully then ended up calling him then but who knows.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
alwi228: "Wow....Slim, that is infuriating. @RamCares, SUPER happy customer speaking, at 60k for a truck....maybe give the guy a phone call. I'd call him for 5 bucks."

This is what you said few days ago. "Slim" getting ignored by "Ram Cares" then they have the nerve to like your comment. LOL what a joke hopefully then ended up calling him then but who knows.

lol ok yeah, that's on me. I guess I get frustrated at what I almost view as taunting RamCares. Not here too say im right or wrong, I truly wish everyone would get their truck so we could move on to more fun topics, which will happen soon enough. Cheers

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol ok yeah, that's on me. I guess I get frustrated at what I almost view as taunting RamCares. Not here too say im right or wrong, I truly wish everyone would get their truck so we could move on to more fun topics, which will happen soon enough. Cheers
AMEN!!!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Late availability is late availability. Not sure what the big issue is around that! And who here has paid for their truck before delivery? A $500 or $1000 refundable deposit isn't paying for your truck, in my book.

I ordered a week before RamBox could be ordered. I almost reordered with it but my dealer said plan on adding 4-6 weeks worth of a wait.

The grass isn't any greener at Ford. Multiple service visits, a TSB, recall and then all my door latches replaced. Truck still had issues with inoperative door locks at certain cold temps....

I'm not a fanboy of either brand. RAM came out with a great redesigned truck that I liked. Would I have traded my 2016 F150 in on a 2018 F150 when not much changed, nope. Do I wish I had Ramboxes? Yep! Did I want to wait? Nope.

@alacombe has a legit beef sitting in KZ so long. D1 waits seem to get longer and longer but it's mostly for late availability items.

D

Deleted member 85

Late availability is late availability. Not sure what the big issue is around that! And who here has paid for their truck before delivery? A $500 or $1000 refundable deposit isn't paying for your truck, in my book.
Ding freaking ding.

Ram never said that E-Torque, RamBox, or the V6 would be available immediately, nor did they give a date. If you place an order naively that is absolutely on you.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
High emotions on big ticket toys. I feel for those waiting for what seems an eternity. I sympathize since I have the patience of a fly in a head wind trying to get to that fresh turd. Brutal.

We all tend to get a tad pissy on the interwebs when our first world wishes have first world delays. We're all on the same team.

Cluck

Reaction score
Ding freaking ding.

Ram never said that E-Torque, RamBox, or the V6 would be available immediately, nor did they give a date. If you place an order naively that is absolutely on you.

Ding Ding again.. RAM just wanted to get there new 2019 out to market well before GM's new 2019. Smart move if you ask me. Hell, they got me to switch .. after 20 years of owning new GM trucks....

FLG8R

Reaction score
Ram Cares will never leave this forum. They, like any other business, need feedback and they are getting more of it here than any other forum. We're letting them know, both pro and con, how we as the customer feel about their truck and customer service. This is no different than any other consumer confidence survey. Ram is getting an earful and an education and you can bet they know well...if the shoe fits.

sgk

Reaction score
I think we all understand late availability and what it means. I like other went to order a new Ram looking for ramboxes but were not available so I go a month later and still not available, 2 weeks later get the call and its available. I would say or assume that ramboxes are no longer a late availability option. If options are now available to order how can you keep saying that these are late availability? Just don't offer the option until its ready to go into production.
What was the point of not being able to order e-torque, ramboxes, etc. for a little while? Just so you can make them available a few months later but the wait would ultimately stay the same

Users who are viewing this thread