5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Care - Free Oil Changes

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the website (ramtrucks.com/care) upon purchase of a new Ram 1500 we are automatically enrolled in the Ram Care program for 24 months. One of the many benefits is free oil and filter changes (total of 4 over the two years). I haven't found any disclaimer that says the diesel engine isn't included.

Is this legit? If so, that's a game changer. Four oil and filter changes at my dealership would be $1,000. What's the scoop on this?

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link that shows the free oil changes? I don't see anything about that on the ram cares site.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
According to the website (ramtrucks.com/care) upon purchase of a new Ram 1500 we are automatically enrolled in the Ram Care program for 24 months. One of the many benefits is free oil and filter changes (total of 4 over the two years). I haven't found any disclaimer that says the diesel engine isn't included.

Is this legit? If so, that's a game changer. Four oil and filter changes at my dealership would be $1,000. What's the scoop on this?
Yes, please send link. My dealership said I get (1) free oil change.

highgear2005

Reaction score
Gave me two, but both must be used in the first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's at the link I already posted. So I guess that means nobody knows if the diesel is excluded. Lol. Maybe I'll ask my dealer.

Attachments

• RamCare.jpg
    RamCare.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 142
  • RamCare2.jpg
    RamCare2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 133

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Don't understand why there is even a question?
My '17 GC SRT had free oil changes for the first two years (full synthetic 0/40 if I recall).

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Is that offer only able to be used at the dealership you buy from. When I purchase I will end up driving about 40 minutes away from where I plan on having my future truck serviced.

omamatt

Reaction score
For Texas only? Under terms and conditions....

GENERAL CONDITIONS
The Ram Care Program (the "Plan") is a membership and service program offered by FCA US LLC on certain RAM Brand models sold in the state of Texas. The Plan includes benefits accessible in the dealership as well as online through the Mopar.com web site.

MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Membership in the Plan is open to residents of the state of Texas who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Purchasers of select MY17 or newer Ram Brand models are automatically enrolled in the Plan at time of purchase (see list of eligible models below) at no cost to the customer. In addition, owners of MY14 or newer Ram Brand vehicles may buy in (pay) to join the Plan. State and local taxes may apply.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes please advise. My NC dealer said nothing about this and my many solicitation letters from Mopar (mostly ext warranty) have said nothing about it. My dealer is appx 40 miles away as well, so I wouldn’t spend the time and fuel just to go there for a dino oil change.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my truck in Texas but used all 4 free oil changes at the dealer here in Colorado. Not sure if it is Texas to get this offer but you can use them at any dealer.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
From the RAM care website:
Q: HOW DO THE MAINTENANCE SERVICES WORK?
A: Each 2-year membership provides four oil changes and four tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (24 months). One-year renewal memberships provide two oil changes and two tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (12 months). Ram Care members can go to any U.S. authorized FCA US LLC dealer to redeem these services.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhh ok. I didn't see that. This program only applies to trucks sold in Texas.

Well heck.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
It's at the link I already posted. So I guess that means nobody knows if the diesel is excluded. Lol. Maybe I'll ask my dealer.
This isnt that program however my closest dealer has 3 synthetic diesel changes for $300.
Featured Service

RamFan you’re right, dumb coupon excludes the eco. Stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan2020

Reaction score
I have seen that promo before, but when I looked at the fine print it excluded the EcoDiesel

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
This isnt that program however my closest dealer has 3 synthetic diesel changes for $300.
Featured Service

RamFan you’re right, dumb coupon excludes the eco. Stupid.
I have not seen an oil change coupon yet that does NOT exclude the EcoDiesel.

awsimeone

Reaction score
Has anyone gone the prepaid route? on Mopar.com if I enter my vin I can prebuy 4 oil changes for $400.00. It does state
Diesel synthetic as the package.

RamFan2020

Reaction score
1585777306280.png

This is the coupon that I have seen locally, it appears to exclude EcoDiesel

Bluesurf

Reaction score

It is legit. You should get two "RAM" in the mail. I was told to put them in the upper two corners of my windshield. This would let service know it was the Ram Care Program. My dealer told me oil changes should be done at 10K.
Two weeks ago I brought it to PepBoys and had my first oil change with 5K. I had Mobil1 Full Synthetic 0w20 (this is on my oil cap) put in and a tire rotation. Since I use synthetic I won't be having the dealer take care of it. I use PepBoys on all 3 of my cars.

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
It is legit. You should get two "RAM" in the mail. I was told to put them in the upper two corners of my windshield. This would let service know it was the Ram Care Program. My dealer told me oil changes should be done at 10K.
Two weeks ago I brought it to PepBoys and had my first oil change with 5K. I had Mobil1 Full Synthetic 0w20 (this is on my oil cap) put in and a tire rotation. Since I use synthetic I won't be having the dealer take care of it. I use PepBoys on all 3 of my cars.

Hey buddy, this thread is under Eco-Diesel motor of RAM .... So you actually put 0W20 in your Ecodiesel from PepBoys ??????

If thats the case I would be more worried about "Oil Cap" for your 3rd Gen EcoDiesel saying 0W20 - more than anything else.

I hope you know the motor/manual calls for 5W40 - and that too MS12991 which happens to be only two brands - one Mopar iteself and second Penzoil platinum Euro.

Users who are viewing this thread