5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM CAI options

blacksheep37

Reaction score
I'm looking to open up some space in the engine bay for a compressor and air tank and was wondering if there are other options other than the MOPAR CAI.

Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vararam FTW

Attachments

• PXL_20220409_221258841.jpg
    PXL_20220409_221258841.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 105

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just did the mopar ram air one, and I really like it. sounds awesome when you get on it, seemed to help mpg as well. no annoying hissing/sucking noise at idle.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Ram Airflow or Vararam are you only options to free up the space on the passenger side of the engine bay.
RAM_Airflow_Filter.jpg

REDARC_Installed_Top_View.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is that yours?
Are you able to share or take any pictures of the intake scoop area, like under the part that says Ram? Can you see it through the grill maybe?
It opens up to just in front of radiator. If you take your factory radiator cover off, you will see where it opens up to. The RamAir intake and Vararam pull air from directly in front of radiator, so it's always the same as outside air temp going into the engine. As long as you are moving

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the battery mount from the Ram 2500 Diesel. I had to do some fabrications to make it fit in the truck.

Here is a link to the Install:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It opens up to just in front of radiator. If you take your factory radiator cover off, you will see where it opens up to. The RamAir intake and Vararam pull air from directly in front of radiator, so it's always the same as outside air temp going into the engine. As long as you are moving
You should know I already have an Vararam ;)
I want to see how different the Mopar with the fit

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You should know I already have an Vararam ;)
I want to see how different the Mopar with the fit
It's pretty much the same as the Vararam, just with a cover that mates to the new radiator cover

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's pretty much the same as the Vararam, just with a cover that mates to the new radiator cover
My scoop comes way forward, I think air might even be pushing it forward and blocking it due to the design with the AGS forcing air to come up from under the scoop at speed.
It's a pretty poor fit, but for the price it is about right.
I was wonder how much better the fit is on an Mopar intake thus why I wanted to see the pics because I can't find any online still.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My scoop comes way forward, I think air might even be pushing it forward and blocking it due to the design with the AGS forcing air to come up from under the scoop at speed.
It's a pretty poor fit, but for the price it is about right.
I was wonder how much better the fit is on an Mopar intake thus why I wanted to see the pics because I can't find any online still.
Other that how "loose" it feels with hood open, I feel it fits good. Definitely seals against the hood judging by the marks on the hood insulation. And the panel that goes over the radiator is pretty stiff. I can't see if flexing at speed. There's not that much air pressure being forced up behind the AGS.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Other that how "loose" it feels with hood open, I feel it fits good. Definitely seals against the hood judging by the marks on the hood insulation. And the panel that goes over the radiator is pretty stiff. I can't see if flexing at speed. There's not that much air pressure being forced up behind the AGS.
I wonder the build quality of the one I have.
There is a LOT of bend on the bottom piece.

Last weekend I also discovered it was not sealing on the hood properly (at all) and had to adjust it, and it still doesn't seal on the drivers side very well, maybe like 60%.
Do you have the sports hood? I wonder if the underhood is a little different.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder the build quality of the one I have.
There is a LOT of bend on the bottom piece.

Last weekend I also discovered it was not sealing on the hood properly (at all) and had to adjust it, and it still doesn't seal on the drivers side very well, maybe like 60%.
Do you have the sports hood? I wonder if the underhood is a little different.
No, standard hood.

Attachments

• PXL_20231026_231331738.jpg
    PXL_20231026_231331738.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online