5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram box

bobinwa

Reaction score
Looking at a Laramie or Limited and can’t find much info on the Ram box option. I shoot clay targets and can see loading one side with ammo. How many boxes of 12 ga shotgun ammo would it hold and does it stay dry in heavy rain?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at a Laramie or Limited and can’t find much info on the Ram box option. I shoot clay targets and can see loading one side with ammo. How many boxes of 12 ga shotgun ammo would it hold and does it stay dry in heavy rain?
They would hold a whole LOT of shotgun shell boxes. IIRC, they advertise that they hold 140 soda cans w/ice ( a bit over 7 cubic feet). Yes, they stay dry.

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Being a clay shooter myself, I haven't tried to load individual but I would say you could fit a minimum of 2 cases and probably closer to 3 or 4 if you pack them in nicely. It stays pretty dry unless you spray some high pressure on the boxes ie. Car wash... Then a bit of water comes through on mine.

I have short box as well...

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Yeah, it’ll hold a bunch of ammo. I shoot a lot of sporting clays and it’ll easily hold 3 cases of shells, probably a bit more.

Dimensions are 4’ across by 5’7” with short bed, so you lose some width with the ram boxes.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Measurement across the bed from inner bed wall to inner bed wall is 50". I've never seen water in the boxes, even after going through our brushless car wash or hitting it with our own pressure washer.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Measurement across the bed from inner bed wall to inner bed wall is 50". I've never seen water in the boxes, even after going through our brushless car wash or hitting it with our own pressure washer.
Same!

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
How many boxes: a whole $hit pile full.
Rambox stays dry inside during heavy rain: dry as a bone.

Users who are viewing this thread