5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Box Opening on its own 2021

Gadgman

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 and the Ram Box on drivers side keeps opening on its own multiple times a day.

bvigne01

Reaction score
There is a thread someplace on this site for adjusting the latch

ksea

Reaction score
On or about 12/23/20, Ram issued an alert to its dealerships regarding this issue. On certain trucks the wiring harness on the drivers side dips low inside the bay that holds the Rambox. When water gets in there and into the harness it releases the latch as though you pushed the button. There is a now a fix for this specific issue -- if you have a low harness, they will replace it with one that sits high in the bay so that it is not exposed to water.

RamRod2020

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 my Ram Box first started to open up in December 2020, the dealership diagnosed the problem as ice and snow getting into the switch and shorting it out. Now 3 years later while in heavy rain it started to open on its own again whether driving or sitting. with out running.

Users who are viewing this thread