5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram box help

PARebel

Reaction score
Looking to see if any of you have come across this issue before I drag the truck to the dealer.

All of a sudden when I close the driver side rambox, (which seems to close normally) after a minute or so it automatically opens itself again and the the lid just sits in the open position.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broken_vet

Reaction score

PARebel

Reaction score

Thanks Man - good to know when I call the dealer tomorrow. I’ll post an update once I know anything.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking to see if any of you have come across this issue before I drag the truck to the dealer.

All of a sudden when I close the driver side rambox, (which seems to close normally) after a minute or so it automatically opens itself again and the the lid just sits in the open position.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your truck! Please send over a private message with your VIN if you require any additional support in having this addressed. We would be happy to help!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Onceamarine85

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2021 it started 2 days ago. I woke up looked outside in the rain and it was open I thought someone had broken into my truck ran down closed it and about 5 mins later back open. Been happening every day now.

broken_vet

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2021 it started 2 days ago. I woke up looked outside in the rain and it was open I thought someone had broken into my truck ran down closed it and about 5 mins later back open. Been happening every day now.

Check out the link in post #2, then read through that thread, and after that, you'll be armed with the knowledge needed to set your dealer on the right path. Now start your journey grasshoppa.

Onceamarine85

Reaction score
Check out the link in post #2, then read through that thread, and after that, you'll be armed with the knowledge needed to set your dealer on the right path. Now start your journey grasshoppa.
Thank you so much

PARebel

Reaction score
It took a couple days but I got the truck back from the dealer and the problem is fixed. They tried a TSB with no luck. After working with FCA over the phone they diagnosed a wire harness that went bad due to water infiltration. It was replaced and all working once again. Only concern on my end is why water was able to get in there to begin with. They did not address that issue at all. Hopefully it was just a fluke. I only have 7k on the car so plenty of time to keep it under warranty if there is a reoccurrence.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello all! a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) has been recently released that appears to address concerns regarding the symptoms some of you may be experiencing with your Rambox. To ensure that this TSB is applicable, we recommend that you bring your vehicle to your local Ram servicing dealership to have a technician review the details of the TSB as well as other additional specifics of your vehicle. If additional assistance is desired, please follow up and private message our team so that we can support you throughout the duration of your dealer appointment.

Hannah
Ram Cares

1619629970077.png

Users who are viewing this thread