5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Box divider/extender handle and pin.

Rays

Reaction score
Ram Box divider/extender handle and pin. Just bought a 2021 Laramie with ram Box and dealer claims it doesn't come with the handle and pin ?

Morenar

Reaction score
Ram Box divider/extender handle and pin. Just bought a 2021 Laramie with ram Box and dealer claims it doesn't come with the handle and pin ?
Welcome. Are you talking about the parts needed to use the divider as a bed extender? My dealer told me that they stopped including them on 2019 and up. You can still install them yourself. Look at this thread.

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
The ability to use the Truck Bed Cargo Divider that comes in the Bed Utility Group, as a bed extender, does not exist for the DT Platform RAM 1500. The Truck Bed Cargo Divider can only be used to separate parts of the bed on the DT Platform.

On the DS Platform RAM 1500 Classic, the RamBox Cargo Management System comes with the Truck Bed Cargo Divider/Extender; the Handle/Swivel Release 68054996AA; the Grommit/Pivot Joint 68054997AB; and the Left Rear Box Side End Rail 68044935AC. You are able to use the Truck Bed Cargo Divider/Extender, as a bed extender, on the DS Platform RAM 1500.

Hope this helps you. Your dealer is correct.

Attachments

• RamBox Cargo Management System.PNG
    RamBox Cargo Management System.PNG
    53.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Bed Utility Group.PNG
    Bed Utility Group.PNG
    61.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DS Platform.PNG
    DS Platform.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 55
  • RamBox Bed Cargo Divider Extender.jpg
    RamBox Bed Cargo Divider Extender.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Handle Swivel Release.png
    Handle Swivel Release.png
    53 KB · Views: 65
  • Grommet Pivot Joint.png
    Grommet Pivot Joint.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Left Rear Box Side End Rail.png
    Left Rear Box Side End Rail.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 53

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The ability to use the Truck Bed Cargo Divider that comes in the Bed Utility Group, as a bed extender, does not exist for the DT Platform RAM 1500. The Truck Bed Cargo Divider can only be used to separate parts of the bed on the DT Platform.

On the DS Platform RAM 1500 Classic, the RamBox Cargo Management System comes with the Truck Bed Cargo Divider/Extender; the Handle/Swivel Release 68054996AA; the Grommit/Pivot Joint 68054997AB; and the Left Rear Box Side End Rail 68044935AC. You are able to use the Truck Bed Cargo Divider/Extender, as a bed extender, on the DS Platform RAM 1500.

Hope this helps you. Your dealer is correct.
That first part is incorrect, per the thread @Morenar shared above. I’m one of the MANY members who own a DT with RamBoxes and the BUG, received the divider/extender (but not the pegs/releases), and either had our dealers supply the missing parts (as I did) or purchased them ourselves. So it absolutely “exists”, but FCA quietly discontinued supplying those parts (presumably due to taillight visibility regulations) after production started on the DTs. Back in 2018, I showed my dealer several brochures depicting those parts on a DT from my time of order; FCA edited those documents later to hide or remove them. But the holes are there and threaded.

jlipari001

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, how the hell are you suppose to connect it and where can you get the pins to fasten it...

jlipari001

Reaction score
That first part is incorrect, per the thread @Morenar shared above. I’m one of the MANY members who own a DT with RamBoxes and the BUG, received the divider/extender (but not the pegs/releases), and either had our dealers supply the missing parts (as I did) or purchased them ourselves. So it absolutely “exists”, but FCA quietly discontinued supplying those parts (presumably due to taillight visibility regulations) after production started on the DTs. Back in 2018, I showed my dealer several brochures depicting those parts on a DT from my time of order; FCA edited those documents later to hide or remove them. But the holes are there and threaded.
Where can I buy the lock

HawkUH60

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully put pins in a 2021 Laramie ? Fortunately I kept my 2014 devider because my new ram didn't come with one.

jaxplace

Reaction score
Just to confirm that I ordered/received the swivel handle and pivot grommets in a week, installed them today on my 2021 Ram 1500 Limited with Crew Cab, MultiFunction tailgate & RamBox. The install was very easy, the only difficulty was getting the hole tabs (see pics) to come out clean. They required a sharp/flat tool to pry underneath, then with gentle nudging the whole tab could be pulled away from the trim whereas they could actually be spun out like a bolt. The ones that broke could be spun out from the inside using needle-nose pliers. All parts, invoice and fit are in the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_4412a.jpg
    IMG_4412a.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_4407.JPG
    IMG_4407.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4401.JPG
    IMG_4401.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4402.JPG
    IMG_4402.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4409.JPG
    IMG_4409.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 130

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
welp i'm sure this isn't the last time someone will post with this question. Wish we could just redirect to the linked thread and close the thread.

coltrain12345

Reaction score
Same situation here. My dealer said after due to a lawsuit they do not include the fasteners for any models after 2019. Currently looking for what Bezos has to offer...

coltrain12345

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-173457_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-173457_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 16

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how do we turn off tail gate is open alert lol or better yet geting connected to uconnect a

Users who are viewing this thread