5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM BackCountry on the way for next week delivery

myramtrx

Reaction score
No. Step bars on Quad and Crew cab models. My quad cab that arrived yesterday had the step bars in a box with the truck and the dealer is installing them today before i pick it up this evening.

Also noticed on the window sticker and build sheet comparisons, my truck shows it has 'Accent color premium mirrors' and others do not, but all BC's come with this. Also, other BC trucks list '2 way power lumbar and 8 way power driver seat' and my truck does not list those, but they are in place. So the BC window stickers and build sheets and not 100% accurate, but in the end you get what the packages were advertised with.
The sales guy did not know the delivery tech had taken the steps out of the bed, so he thought they had to order them. They were there in the truck bed (covered as the truck comes with the tri fold bed cover)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. Step bars on Quad and Crew cab models. My quad cab that arrived yesterday had the step bars in a box with the truck and the dealer is installing them today before i pick it up this evening.

Also noticed on the window sticker and build sheet comparisons, my truck shows it has 'Accent color premium mirrors' and others do not, but all BC's come with this. Also, other BC trucks list '2 way power lumbar and 8 way power driver seat' and my truck does not list those, but they are in place. So the BC window stickers and build sheets and not 100% accurate, but in the end you get what the packages were advertised with.
I would love to see your build sheet or vin #.
I see you vin# now..... no side steps in your build. The dealer is eating the cost of the steps in the deal.

Last edited:

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of running boards on trucks, but was glad my BC came with them because my wife just had a knee replaced and needs the step to get in. Thinking about swapping them out for the rails with steps in them.

It is kinda B.S. that they dropped them from the package, but didn't change the package cost. The only thing mine didn't have (wasn't on sticker, not sure what BS has) were the foam cup holders, but on my Ram app it lists them. Could care less, mentioned it to my salesman and he offered me his, lol (didn't take them).

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I ordered one 1st week of April. Hopefully it's complete. All Back Countrys should have the running boards. It's part of the BC package.

Only on the crew cab models.

The sales guy did not know the delivery tech had taken the steps out of the bed, so he thought they had to order them. They were there in the truck bed (covered as the truck comes with the tri fold bed cover)
When are the step bars normally installed? Is it with the bedliner, tonneau cover, etc? Or during the actual assembly process?

It's interesting they were in a box in the bed as @myramtrx discovered, so it sounds like Ram is doing what they can.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score

I would love to see your build sheet or vin #.
I see you vin# now..... no side steps in your build. The dealer is eating the cost of the steps in the deal.
@Cbty2050 - Dealer not eating the cost. As @myramtrx said in the post you quoted, the step bars shipped with the truck in a box in the bed.

I guess they wouldn't show on the build sheet or window sticker if they aren't installed? I wonder how that affects the warranty for them?

franc944

Reaction score
My truck on its way to Dan Cummins Jeep RAM. Sticker if anyone wants to check out the config.

With April $3,500 incentives, ends up being $46,500 out the door + tax. It is price protected from when I ordered it on January 7th. Dan Cummins orders any RAM at 4% under invoice. Should have ordered the LED package for better headlights, but will probably add a bull bar and put road lights on it. Bought a set of TRX wheels last week from a guy for $800 (rims only). These will replace the plain jane black 18" rims.

Please break down the incentives you received, my Back Country should be delivered this month only. The website is showing $1,250 plus $500 bonus but the dealer and 1-800# say is only $750 plus $500 because only the V6 gets $1,250

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hopefully they throw a Ram Air kit and G/T exhaust in my bed before delivery. 😆

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Cbty2050 - Dealer not eating the cost. As @myramtrx said in the post you quoted, the step bars shipped with the truck in a box in the bed.

I guess they wouldn't show on the build sheet or window sticker if they aren't installed? I wonder how that affects the warranty for them?
The dealer is full of it. They would have installed when the trifold and spray in bed liner were done. There would be no warranty in the side steps, unless is on the build or dealer add on accessory. His vin doesn't show any add on or factory side steps

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
The dealer is full of it. They would have installed when the trifold and spray in bed liner were done. There would be no warranty in the side steps, unless is on the build or dealer add on accessory. His vin doesn't show any add on or factory side steps
I agree that all dealers are liars and thieves, but that seems like an odd thing to get creative with the truth on. Maybe @myramtrx can get to the bottom of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online