5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM BackCountry on the way for next week delivery

myramtrx

Reaction score
My truck on its way to Dan Cummins Jeep RAM. Sticker if anyone wants to check out the config.

With April $3,500 incentives, ends up being $46,500 out the door + tax. It is price protected from when I ordered it on January 7th. Dan Cummins orders any RAM at 4% under invoice. Should have ordered the LED package for better headlights, but will probably add a bull bar and put road lights on it. Bought a set of TRX wheels last week from a guy for $800 (rims only). These will replace the plain jane black 18" rims.

1649247792388.png

Attachments

• 1649247770550.png
    1649247770550.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 49

Jokerpro

Reaction score
Good to hear that Dan Cummins does custom ordering. I’m only an hour from there. Congrats on the new truck!

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
My truck on its way to Dan Cummins Jeep RAM. Sticker if anyone wants to check out the config.

With April $3,500 incentives, ends up being $46,500 out the door + tax. It is price protected from when I ordered it on January 7th. Dan Cummins orders any RAM at 4% under invoice. Should have ordered the LED package for better headlights, but will probably add a bull bar and put road lights on it. Bought a set of TRX wheels last week from a guy for $800 (rims only). These will replace the plain jane black 18" rims.
I assume you noticed your sticker doesn't mention step bars in the Backcountry package? It appears to still be true that they were dropped from the Quad Cab.

myramtrx

Reaction score
I assume you noticed your sticker doesn't mention step bars in the Backcountry package? It appears to still be true that they were dropped from the Quad Cab.
I spoke with the dealer. If they are not installed, they will install the set or credit me back the difference. I would really rather have rock rails similar to what is on the TRX. May have to look around for something like that, but no hurry.

I also noticed on the "RAM inventory search", looking up quad cab backcountry editions. They all had the step bars listed on the Window Sticker. Do not remember if they were older or a newer VIN than mine.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I spoke with the dealer. If they are not installed, they will install the set or credit me back the difference. I would really rather have rock rails similar to what is on the TRX. May have to look around for something like that, but no hurry.

I also noticed on the "RAM inventory search", looking up quad cab backcountry editions. They all had the step bars listed on the Window Sticker. Do not remember if they were older or a newer VIN than mine.
I saw you placed an order mid-January which is around the time the news broke here on the missing step bars from the Quad Cab Backcountry. For what it's worth, I checked with RamCares when I placed my order for a Quad Backcountry at the end of March and was assured it would have step bars. I doubt they really know but I guess I have something in writing that may be useful later.

I doubt my dealer will give a credit but who knows when then time comes to close the deal.

myramtrx

Reaction score
270311 my truck

139120 Other current quad cab
160321 back country listed in
145810 the RAM inventory search,
138737 The are much earlier than mine.

Will find out in the next week. May actually sway my back country for a TRX that another person backed out on. 4% under invoice on the TRX, 85k for a 96k truck. Still noodling what to do. Leaning toward the TRX as I do not see them ever losing value as the hellcat engine will be leaving the end of the 2023 build year. Its only money :)

myramtrx

Reaction score
270311 my truck

139120 Other current quad cab
160321 back country listed in
145810 the RAM inventory search,
138737 The are much earlier than mine.

Will find out in the next week. May actually sway my back country for a TRX that another person backed out on. 4% under invoice on the TRX, 85k for a 96k truck. Still noodling what to do. Leaning toward the TRX as I do not see them ever losing value as the hellcat engine will be leaving the end of the 2023 build year. Its only money :)

swap, not sway... cannot type

myramtrx

Reaction score
I saw you placed an order mid-January which is around the time the news broke here on the missing step bars from the Quad Cab Backcountry. For what it's worth, I checked with RamCares when I placed my order for a Quad Backcountry at the end of March and was assured it would have step bars. I doubt they really know but I guess I have something in writing that may be useful later.

I doubt my dealer will give a credit but who knows when then time comes to close the deal.

My Back Country showed up today. No step bars, even though I was charged for them. The dealership is getting me a set.

FYI.

IMG_2841.jpg

U

User_3336

DAMN! Hemi option went up to $2795? OUCH.

It's amazing how the same options are just shuffled and mixed up to create a new trim level.

U

User_3336

I looked about 9 back country editions in my area (on ramtrucks.com), and none of them had running boards on the window sticker for that package.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Still on Crew Cabs correct?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I was charged the same for the Back Country package as those that received the step bars.
ya but that might be a factory delete due to parts shortage

count yourself lucky dealer is taking care of you
because if not on build sheet it did not get it.

FYI i was charged more for my level A pagkage then others level A and I did not get power folding mirrors.

crap happens, this has been a cluster f u c k year.

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still on Crew Cabs correct?
Seems they still are. Mine was built around March 15th and I am hoping to pick it up very soon. It is at the train terminal still not too far from me. The steps are on the build sheet and sticker, so I am assuming they are there. My guess is with the greater number of crew cabs being sold, they are pushing to have those in stock.

I tell ya, the Backcountry does not seem to be a very popular trim around here. I would have thought there would be a bunch of them on order, but I guess not. I am glad I ordered one though. The more I see on here, the happier I am I got it.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I ordered one 1st week of April. Hopefully it's complete. All Back Countrys should have the running boards. It's part of the BC package.

myramtrx

Reaction score
Only on the crew cab models.

No. Step bars on Quad and Crew cab models. My quad cab that arrived yesterday had the step bars in a box with the truck and the dealer is installing them today before i pick it up this evening.

Also noticed on the window sticker and build sheet comparisons, my truck shows it has 'Accent color premium mirrors' and others do not, but all BC's come with this. Also, other BC trucks list '2 way power lumbar and 8 way power driver seat' and my truck does not list those, but they are in place. So the BC window stickers and build sheets and not 100% accurate, but in the end you get what the packages were advertised with.

Users who are viewing this thread