5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Airflow

raminuk

Reaction score
Was this an easy install? i have looked online for the instructions , but can not find a pdf to download

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Super easy...clean the logo with alcohol. Peel the backing and be careful sticking it on so it lines up perfectly and then smooth it out. Done!

raminuk

Reaction score
normally am quite good with the vinyl, was more worried about the intake install, i guess there is a few sensors that need removing/swapping over?

do like the idea of adding 1500 hemi in red to the hood

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
normally am quite good with the vinyl, was more worried about the intake install, i guess there is a few sensors that need removing/swapping over?

do like the idea of adding 1500 hemi in red to the hood
Intakes are very easy. Everything you need is in the kit and the MAF sensors are easily reinstalled.

raminuk

Reaction score
90 mins and fitted.

i was hoping to get a few mpg increase, will have to wait and see. due to the hemi sounding awesome now, thanks to cold air intake, i am driving it with a bit more voom. love the new sound.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
90 mins and fitted.

i was hoping to get a few mpg increase, will have to wait and see. due to the hemi sounding awesome now, thanks to cold air intake, i am driving it with a bit more voom. love the new sound.
The sounds are cool but don't expect any changes to mileage.

AlbertaRam

Reaction score
I was on the fence about buying this, But I love how it looks. Do you have any pics from the other side? Just curious what it looks like without the factory air box now.

bfhawki

Reaction score
Go to the Powertrain forum, click on 5.7 hemi sub forum and there is a 38 page sticky right at the top of the page. Tons of pics and info.

jbsbama

Reaction score
What is everybody doing with the stock intake once you replace it? I have installed the Mopar CAI but I have no idea what to do with the stock intake.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have noticed an increase in MPG as well, when I keep my foot out of it. :rolleyes:

For me, anecdotally thusfar? And again I'm driving it to hear the engine and test the power vs pedal relationship?
I'm thinking the gain is between .5 and 1mpg ,averaging to .7

I'm really interested to see what it will do on a highway loop. I'll know there's been a gain if I can break 20 mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread