5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM AC poor performance TWITTER/FACEBOOK

Smerberj

Reaction score
Does everyone with the AC issue have the Hemi? I have the ***** 6 and my AC is ice cold, only time it gets warm is when my stop/start is engaged at a light, then my ac gets warm.

Matt_T

Reaction score
I also have to add that I have TWO brand new vehicles. My 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s AC will freeze you out of the cabin! My doesn’t my 2019 RAM do the same??
I have been to the dealership several times since last summer over this issue. They say all is normal. Unacceptable AC performance. Once it reaches the 80s and higher the AC can not cool the cab. Especially city driving.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does everyone with the AC issue have the Hemi? I have the ***** 6 and my AC is ice cold, only time it gets warm is when my stop/start is engaged at a light, then my ac gets warm.
I’ve found that if I set the driver side to 70 and passenger side to 73 (on Auto), my wife’s comfortable and I’m almost too cold driving us around on a 100-degree day.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I’ve found that if I set the driver side to 70 and passenger side to 73 (on Auto), my wife and I both sweat while driving us around on a 100-degree day...If the truck is heat soaked. Meaning, it can't cool down once it gets too hot. Leaving the garage where it's cool, it'll stay cool. So it all just depends on what we are doing. With Covid, we now rarely leave the truck out anywhere where it can heat soak. It's always garage to wherever and back. So we don't spend as much time complaining about this issue.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve found that if I set the driver side to 70 and passenger side to 73 (on Auto), my wife and I both sweat while driving us around on a 100-degree day...If the truck is heat soaked. Meaning, it can't cool down once it gets too hot. Leaving the garage where it's cool, it'll stay cool. So it all just depends on what we are doing. With Covid, we now rarely leave the truck out anywhere where it can heat soak. It's always garage to wherever and back. So we don't spend as much time complaining about this issue.
That wasn’t the case for us after parking outside at Costco on a 100-degree day (Saturday). But...I use the seat ventilation (she doesn’t), and I keep the sunshade closed. I also use a Covercraft shade when facing the sun. And I try to remember to use remote start. Maybe that’s enough to make a difference, or maybe ours just does a little better at cooling.

Edit to add: My wife’s Audi Q5 has the “can’t cool down when heat-soaked” problem you mentioned. Even if we keep that system set at 65/65, it doesn’t get cool. The Ram is more comfortable in seconds than the Audi in ten minutes.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Audi is the WORST. Another reason we lemon lawed it. Q7

I'll never own another Audi.

Users who are viewing this thread