5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 2020 Paint

mmills1003

Reaction score
I contacted dealers and tried to order a Hydro Blue with Night Edition and was told that I can't. I even emailed FCA and their reply was "I can't do it", which makes no sense. Can anyone help -- or have any connection to understand why this cannot be done?

Stevenc150

Reaction score
They have a standard route of build for each model & color, varying schedules unique to each based on demand. Think of the whole thing as a machine that is running and literally cant be stopped or interrupted. Any deviation from set schedules causes a ripple of disruptions that extend to each model costing time delays & money. (ie. we're a tier 2 supplier to Toyota...the penalty for us if we cause the Georgetown car line to go down is ~$2,000/hr.)

Picture asking Pizza Hut to make u a hamburger...the delays and changes theyd have to make to satisy this single request. Now scale that up from a $10 pizza to a $50K vehicle

Last edited:

mmills1003

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but blue goes down the line just like the other colors and I can order that color,just not night edition which is wheels,grille.black emblems. Just seems weired to me. Thanks

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Everything is on a set schedule, interruption is not an option. You dont understand the logistics involved in a special request because the scale is too large to fathom. Its like turning the titanic with a row boat...it cant happen

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe do a sport package and pick up black rims. You can always debage or plasti dip the letters

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Everything is on a set schedule, interruption is not an option. You dont understand the logistics involved in a special request because the scale is too large to fathom. Its like turning the titanic with a row boat...it cant happen
You can't turn the Titanic...it sunk:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread