5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 New tailgate? Chances of retrofit?

Josh24

Reaction score
I've seen the photos and read the rumors about the new multi function tailgate that Ram might be considering. I haven't heard anything definite. I hope if this ever becomes reality in the next year or so. is that this tailgate could be retrofitted on the 2019. Does anyone know more about this? If so, I wonder if they'll make it possible to buy the gate separately to be placed on our current trucks?

Coming in late to the thread but was wondering if it’s possible to swap out the MFT to a standard one? Sounds like it’s a challenge but wondering if Ram has made any progress in the past year on it? I have the MFT and was thinking of switching to a standard of it’s a somewhat easy / cost effective switch.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Coming in late to the thread but was wondering if it’s possible to swap out the MFT to a standard one? Sounds like it’s a challenge but wondering if Ram has made any progress in the past year on it? I have the MFT and was thinking of switching to a standard of it’s a somewhat easy / cost effective switch.
what color is your truck?

squadco343

Reaction score
I've seen the photos and read the rumors about the new multi function tailgate that Ram might be considering. I haven't heard anything definite. I hope if this ever becomes reality in the next year or so. is that this tailgate could be retrofitted on the 2019. Does anyone know more about this? If so, I wonder if they'll make it possible to buy the gate separately to be placed on our current trucks?
This exact question to Ram and got a response:

“It would require a new bed. The structure is reinforced for the additional use,” said a Ram spokesperson. “Although possible…the process would be much more than just a couple bolts and new pieces of hardware.”

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This exact question to Ram and got a response:

“It would require a new bed. The structure is reinforced for the additional use,” said a Ram spokesperson. “Although possible…the process would be much more than just a couple bolts and new pieces of hardware.”
i know this is your first post, but please read the thread you are posting in. your exact information is in post number 10 and discussed on the first page of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online