5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 1500 Lane Centering

Coltopdog

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have any insight into when RAM may introduce Lanne Centering into the RAM 1500?

If you are the type that hates technology, skip this post, but it is a desirable feature when on a long Interstate drive.

Thanks for any info. I can’t see the 2024 EV not having it as a feature , but I was hoping 2022 with the Uconnect 5 rollout might have also introduced this feature but so far seems thats not gonna happen.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I'm guessing MMC which who knows... maybe they'll skip right to next body style. Current departure warning sucks...intervenes when it shouldn't and doesn't when it should. ACC works great though.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have any insight into when RAM may introduce Lanne Centering into the RAM 1500?

If you are the type that hates technology, skip this post, but it is a desirable feature when on a long Interstate drive.

Thanks for any info. I can’t see the 2024 EV not having it as a feature , but I was hoping 2022 with the Uconnect 5 rollout might have also introduced this feature but so far seems thats not gonna happen.
If/when they do, it’ll be the advanced driver assist system they introduced on the grand Cherokee L and Wagoneers, which would require at least major refresh. This is because that system requires the their new Atlantis architecture (CANbus FD, Ethernet, etc), which would require all new modules on the vehicle, as opposed to the same ones used on the 2019-2022’s.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should look at Comma AI. Comma 2 is working with the RAM but is still in Development,
and the New Comma3 Some people have got it working too. It is expensive but it is working.
the RAM is not yet Supported by the Company as a plug and play item.

Malodave

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You should look at Comma AI. Comma 2 is working with the RAM but is still in Development,
and the New Comma3 Some people have got it working too. It is expensive but it is working.
the RAM is not yet Supported by the Company as a plug and play item.

Malodave
Yep, we have it working and it will soon be supported by Comma. We are working with them now and they have already begun adding it. Hopefully, in the month or two.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, we have it working and it will soon be supported by Comma. We are working with them now and they have already begun adding it. Hopefully, in the month or two.
Making my cable now and I also made a few extra for others if they need them.

Malodave

dyoderii

Reaction score
It is disappointing that Chevy can change lanes and the RAM is still stuck playing a bad game of ping pong with the lane markers. I have bought RAM for 30 years, but hearing that FCA may still be 2 years from an EV or Lane Centering makes me really think hard about going A Buyer and dropping the green slip.

@Malodave Comma AI looks brilliant. A quick look at the site and I could not find any mention of RAM yet. Is it still forthcoming? The price looks great if it can be added aftermarket.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is disappointing that Chevy can change lanes and the RAM is still stuck playing a bad game of ping pong with the lane markers. I have bought RAM for 30 years, but hearing that FCA may still be 2 years from an EV or Lane Centering makes me really think hard about going A Buyer and dropping the green slip.

@Malodave Comma AI looks brilliant. A quick look at the site and I could not find any mention of RAM yet. Is it still forthcoming? The price looks great if it can be added aftermarket.
We are working on getting RAM added to the official release. We have an amazing custom build for the RAMs. I've used it for over 12,000 miles and it is just great. We have people using while pulling trailers in their 2500s and 3500s.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There are a number of us already using the Comma 2 and Comma 3 devices on our RAMs. Even some HD trucks. We have submitted the RAM fork to get the RAM as a supported vehicle.
I have the RAM specific harness' made and I have also designed the Mounts to fix the windshield angle problem. These can be purchased from me or you could make your own harness and
3D print the mounts yourself. I also designed a switch panel to replace the Sunglass Cubby.

Malodave

Attachments

• RAMDTMirrorMountResin3.jpg
    RAMDTMirrorMountResin3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DupontHarness.jpg
    DupontHarness.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 21
  • MirrorMountRear.jpg
    MirrorMountRear.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 22
  • MirrorMounFront.jpg