5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 GT shutdown while driving almost killed us

GeorgeA

Reaction score
SunTooHot,

There are a few posts on this same topic.

Here are two of the most active ones:

"Engine Stalled / Shut off"

"Engine shutting down while driving"

Many of us are experiencing the same problem.

I am waiting to hear from a Case manager from RamCares. I will see if there is any new information on the root cause.

It sounds like every dealer is doing their own troubleshooting with no guidance from the corporate office. I will post on all the separate threads if I get any good information.

I know there are many issues with these trucks, but this one is really dangerous.

Be Well

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They better issue a safety recall quickly before someone gets killed.😲

So when the parking brake kicks in at what speed does that happen? Do the rear tires lock up and stop the truck suddenly?

GeorgeA

Reaction score

So when the parking brake kicks in at what speed does that happen? Do the rear tires lock up and stop the truck suddenly?
In my case, the speed was slow (less than 10 mph). The first time it coasted to a stop and several times after it stopped suddenly.

I completely agree with your assessment on the recall. The BIG problem is that no one has identified a root cause. My dealership says that they have never seen this issue????

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I kinda doubt that he needs to clean his throttle body.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a TSB, not a recall
I will kindly ask you to use Google if you don't like the recall document right from Stellantis.

I attached a couple of TSB's just so you can see the difference. Notice the one was released/updated Dec 2 22.

Attachments

• 08-094-22.pdf
    693.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 08-093-22 rev B.pdf
    697.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Suntoohot

Reaction score

On my experience the parking brake engage only when the truck is almost to a stop.

tom318

Reaction score
Is this standard behavior for the 1500 regardless of engine choice in terms of what happens when the engine cuts out? Id like to know what to expect from the truck when the engine dies, seems to be a mystery and I get difference answers. What should I expect at 70mph if the engine goes.......Id like to expect N or at least coast in D with or without power steering? I've heard you only get a few shots at breaking before losing those as well after the engine cuts. I find this all hard to believe, and if its true I'm not sure I feel to safe in this thing anymore. With more miles....many things can cause the motor to just die.

Suntoohot

Reaction score
Is this standard behavior for the 1500 regardless of engine choice in terms of what happens when the engine cuts out? Id like to know what to expect from the truck when the engine dies, seems to be a mystery and I get difference answers. What should I expect at 70mph if the engine goes.......Id like to expect N or at least coast in D with or without power steering? I've heard you only get a few shots at breaking before losing those as well after the engine cuts. I find this all hard to believe, and if its true I'm not sure I feel to safe in this thing anymore. With more miles....many things can cause the motor to just die.
for myself i coast in D until it almost stop,than it apply the emergency electronic brake, im pretty sure i had power steering and power brake but again, it is with the etorque

Jexx

Reaction score
According to the TSB that was posted earlier, it is only for the 5.7 Hemi with eTorque.

Has anyone with a 3.6 reported this issue that we know of?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will kindly ask you to use Google if you don't like the recall document right from Stellantis.

I attached a couple of TSB's just so you can see the difference. Notice the one was released/updated Dec 2 22.

I will kindly ask you to peruse this actual recall list and point out the etorque recall

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not a recall. Recalls are mandatory , that is customer satisfaction. It's is recommended, but not required
Definitely listed as a recall in the VIP.

Any recall can be declined by an owner.

I'm sure you took the time to read the recall and confirmed that it says it's a recall.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105_185006_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_185006_Chrome.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely listed as a recall in the VIP.

Any recall can be declined by an owner.

I'm sure you took the time to read the recall and confirmed that it says it's a recall.
I read the whole PDF file you posted and the word "recall" was not in it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105_185555_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_185555_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread