5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 floormat pressing accelerator to floor causing vehicle to go into compression test mode?

grimas2

Reaction score
I took my 2022 Ram 1500 to get an oil change (at an independent oil change business not affiliated with any Mopar dealership) and upon completion, my vehicle would not start.....it would turn over and over and it sounded like it wasn't getting any gas. It was towed to the dealership and I was told the floor mat on the drivers side had pushed accelerator all the way to the floor causing the vehicle to go into "Compression mode." After a $100 tow and a $200 bill from the dealer, the issue is resolved. I'm not very trusting when it comes to vehicle repairs and most of the time we are at the mercy of what our repairs shops tell us......Is this really a thing, and has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a procedure that can be done, i. e. depress the accelerator a couple of times to disengage this mode? Thanks guys. WBS

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took my 2022 Ram 1500 to get an oil change (at an independent oil change business not affiliated with any Mopar dealership) and upon completion, my vehicle would not start.....it would turn over and over and it sounded like it wasn't getting any gas. It was towed to the dealership and I was told the floor mat on the drivers side had pushed accelerator all the way to the floor causing the vehicle to go into "Compression mode." After a $100 tow and a $200 bill from the dealer, the issue is resolved. I'm not very trusting when it comes to vehicle repairs and most of the time we are at the mercy of what our repairs shops tell us......Is this really a thing, and has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a procedure that can be done, i. e. depress the accelerator a couple of times to disengage this mode? Thanks guys. WBS
Never heard of this, but I'd think disconnecting the battery might help.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it is a thing. If the accelerator is pressed down fully by the floor mat or by your foot, the truck will cut fuel and not start.
The procedure is to release the pedal.
I use this feature to prime the oil filter after an oil change. (I do pre-fill it as much as possible before installing)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the procedure is to move the floor mat so it's not pushing in the gas pedal, and not use that shop for oil changes anymore. There should have been no reason the floor mat got moved on topmkf the gas pedal during an oil change.

Users who are viewing this thread