5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raised White Letters in or out?

Raised white letters in or out?

• Total voters

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I changed the 3rd pic to a side view on my original post above. 2nd and 3rd are exactly identical trucks but different colors. (2013 and 2017)
Couldn’t get white letters on the Michelin’s on the 2013 Black/Silver Laramie. Stock Goodyear SRA were white letters but they were roached after 30,000 miles.
I had a patriot and silver Bighorn in 02. My favorite color of the 5 I've owned. My second favorite was maximum steel, and they discontinued that.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I prefer "chrome" bumpers and no white letters for ease of cleaning, a lot of bugs on the eastern shore of Maryland. With that said I'll live with white letters until I need new tires, they don't look terrible on a white truck.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, as of this post, you guys aren't helping me as the vote is 14 IN and 14 OUT. I'll probably just mount the resale setup with the letters in, just to be safe.

I've always thought that raised white letter tires add to the "sport" look. So, for me, I would prefer the letters out on my red and black, Night Edition Rebel. Now, the RWL didn't look right with the night edition wheels that came on the truck, but with my TRX Ignition Edition wheels, they look great.

Unfortunately, the previous owner of my new tires stacked them for a few months and the white letters are now brown and I cannot get them white again, so I'm going letters IN on my truck.

20220924_163420.jpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
definitely in
yea I originally liked the look of the oem falkens white out but that like soon faded - looks bad when dirty which is all the time

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Well, as of this post, you guys aren't helping me as the vote is 14 IN and 14 OUT. I'll probably just mount the resale setup with the letters in, just to be safe.

I've always thought that raised white letter tires add to the "sport" look. So, for me, I would prefer the letters out on my red and black, Night Edition Rebel. Now, the RWL didn't look right with the night edition wheels that came on the truck, but with my TRX Ignition Edition wheels, they look great.

Unfortunately, the previous owner of my new tires stacked them for a few months and the white letters are now brown and I cannot get them white again, so I'm going letters IN on my truck.

View attachment 158044

Have you tried Westleys Bleche Wite? My tires were stacked by the PO and Bleche Wite made them look brand new.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, prefer white letters out also.

Attachments

• IMG_6412.jpeg
    IMG_6412.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 30

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new set of Michelins have them in. I have a Laramie Night Edition and even Changed the Lug Nuts and Wheel Locks to Black with a set of McGards.

The Pic shows the OEM Wildpeaks with them out though.

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_1.jpg

TCB77

Reaction score
I have always been white in guy. I bought these used and since they are such a popular tire/wheel combo, I figured I’d run it for a little while to be a little different. It does suck putting my tire jizz (as I call it) on because I put it on by hand and it’s a PITA to go around the lettering

Attachments

• 908A7E47-477F-48D5-9559-939CDEA94951.png
    908A7E47-477F-48D5-9559-939CDEA94951.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 28

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it depends on the mission for the look of the truck, and how the white lettering looks on the tire.

If the White lettering is just an outline, then its definitely an "In" / hide it in my book.

If the white letters are solid white then it depends...

If I want a retro look (think KO2s on some small diameter Weld or Mickey Thompson steelies and a roll bar in the bed), or the "Nascar" look on a sport truck, it can look absolutely awesome! Like the black truck earlier in this thread.

6of36

Reaction score

View attachment 158044
if they are bad enough that Bleache White won't clean them, a sanding block with fine grit will strip the stained layer. Then just keep them clean.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make it your own! I prefer my rubber black, since you asked, but do whatever looks good to *you*.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make it your own! I prefer my rubber black, since you asked, but do whatever looks good to *you*.
Did you read my original post? It has nothing to do with what I want as I'm mounting my tires on wheels before I sell them. I will be trying to get the brown out of the raised whites for my truck. If I can, it'll be white out, if not, then I go white in.

I did not try Bleche White, but I did try Simple Green, Brake Kleen, professional wheel and tire cleaner, gasoline, acetone and a few other chemicals.

Before anybody starts yelling at me for using these chemicals on the rubber, I applied them manually to a single letter that had slight discoloration. If that worked, I would continue with each letter, but since they didn't touch a lightly discolored letter, I didn't continue. I will try the sanding block next.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you read my original post? It has nothing to do with what I want as I'm mounting my tires on wheels before I sell them. I will be trying to get the brown out of the raised whites for my truck. If I can, it'll be white out, if not, then I go white in.

I did not try Bleche White, but I did try Simple Green, Brake Kleen, professional wheel and tire cleaner, gasoline, acetone and a few other chemicals.

Before anybody starts yelling at me for using these chemicals on the rubber, I applied them manually to a single letter that had slight discoloration. If that worked, I would continue with each letter, but since they didn't touch a lightly discolored letter, I didn't continue. I will try the sanding block next.

Sorry I misunderstood. If the white letters look good, I'd say out. If they don't, there is white paint made for the purpose.

Dewey

Reaction score
if they are bad enough that Bleache White won't clean them, a sanding block with fine grit will strip the stained layer. Then just keep them clean.
White paint pen to freshen them up does wonders too😉

Users who are viewing this thread