5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain Sensing Wipers (Not equipped but have the part)

buckeye2019

Reaction score
Does anyone have the alphobd settings needed to turn on the auto high beams aka smart beams. That was discussed in here around page 4-5. thanks

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the alphobd settings needed to turn on the auto high beams aka smart beams. That was discussed in here around page 4-5. thanks
easiest way to add them, would be to replace your rearview m mirror with a "smart beam" mirror

buckeye2019

Reaction score
ok, well that was easy did mine last night everything is working fine but it isn't showing up on my Uconnect settings. I let the truck sit over night and checked this morning and still not there.
How long does this take?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ok, well that was easy did mine last night everything is working fine but it isn't showing up on my Uconnect settings. I let the truck sit over night and checked this morning and still not there.
How long does this take?
Should be there now. Check the settings in AlfaODB again.

buckeye2019

Reaction score
vincetw56 thanks for the response, but can you confirm exactly what settings just so I can make sure I populated them correctly

vincentw56

Reaction score
Rain Sensor Present: Yes
Rain Sensor Module #2 Present: Yes
Humidity Rain Light Sensor Present: Yes
Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present: Yes

buckeye2019

Reaction score
It worked I got home from work today check the truck and populated I guess during the day today this is so awesome

OKRam1500

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the part number listed early in this thread and in the adaptive cruise thread is wrong - 68298468AA

And I really need this part number for rain sensing wipers - 68298334AA

vincentw56

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the part number listed early in this thread and in the adaptive cruise thread is wrong - 68298468AA

And I really need this part number for rain sensing wipers - 68298334AA
Part number 68298334AA for the sensor, and part number 68488349AA for the sensor gel pack.

TheColt69

Reaction score
Part number 68298334AA for the sensor, and part number 68488349AA for the sensor gel pack.

So both of these needed to add this to our trucks? Glad I'm double checking, I just got my truck and I want to do this, as I've heard it's relatively straight forward! Along with the tailgate ajar light, but I need to get a security bypass part still... I have AlfaOBD from my 4th Gen but not the new thing needed. I sure appreciate all you guys!

vincentw56

Reaction score
So both of these needed to add this to our trucks? Glad I'm double checking, I just got my truck and I want to do this, as I've heard it's relatively straight forward! Along with the tailgate ajar light, but I need to get a security bypass part still... I have AlfaOBD from my 4th Gen but not the new thing needed. I sure appreciate all you guys!
I'd recommend replacing the gel pack too.

OKRam1500

Reaction score

I ended up buying just the 68298334AA part. It comes with a new gel pack already attached to the sensor.

On the installation side:
I removed the old sensor, scraped the remaining old gel off the windshield, and cleaned the windshield before installing the new sensor.

Installation of the new sensor was straightforward. Unless you damage the gel pack that comes attached to the new sensor I don't see any reason that you would want or need an extra gel pack.

TheColt69

Reaction score
I ended up buying just the 68298334AA part. It comes with a new gel pack already attached to the sensor.

On the installation side:
I removed the old sensor, scraped the remaining old gel off the windshield, and cleaned the windshield before installing the new sensor.

Installation of the new sensor was straightforward. Unless you damage the gel pack that comes attached to the new sensor I don't see any reason that you would want or need an extra gel pack.
Ok! Great! Will tint effect this at all?

Jiraola

Reaction score
I did the upgrade and used JScan. The menu on my 8.4 showed up immediately. Not working yet but going to let it rest over night.

JScan - adaptation
Radio user setting
Rain sensitive wipers on/off

Users who are viewing this thread