5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio volume diminishing

SacRebel

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I've noticed the volume of the radio gradually getting lower after driving. It'll start off at a moderate volume level but then after listen for a while (15+ minutes) it'll start to go lower. You have to go about half way up on the volume to even get it to a normal listening level. It's like this across all radio stations (no Sirius).

Has anyone else experienced this?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Are you using Android auto for navigation?

If I get on a call whole nav is directing me, I lose the nav voice and the left speakers don't come back. I can hit the voice button and tell it to cancel, but the next time nav tries to speak, I lose the left speakers until I hit the button and cancel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Konrad

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I've noticed the volume of the radio gradually getting lower after driving. It'll start off at a moderate volume level but then after listen for a while (15+ minutes) it'll start to go lower. You have to go about half way up on the volume to even get it to a normal listening level. It's like this across all radio stations (no Sirius).

Try switching AM/FM and see if that helps. I have a similar intermittent issue, where my radio volume (FM only) slowly fluctuates up and down. Happens almost every time after I restart my truck after some driving (e.g. when I stop for gas etc.) Switching to AM and back resolves the issue. Until the next time, that is. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

SacRebel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares
Hello Alison, I took my truck in and they couldn't identify a problem. So I would like to have a case created so I can hopefully get it resolved.

STR

Reaction score
Sounds like the Speed Adjusted Volume is enabled. Go to settings and turn it off to see if that helps. Note: the settings are: Off-1-2-3. 6830D2BD-5C4D-4184-A937-461EA78D117D.png

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello Alison, I took my truck in and they couldn't identify a problem. So I would like to have a case created so I can hopefully get it resolved.

No problem. Please send us a private message with your VIN, email address, phone number, and mileage.

Alison
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread