5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Recall....Just got it.....

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too, I have a before the recall and after recall photo's and they are identical. Maybe they didn't change the version, just a tweak within it and kept the same version number. I never had any issue with the reverse cam operation before or after, and was there for another issue (Tailgate-Ajar Warning not showing up) and went ahead and did the recall just because. Also the wiper nut one as well.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just took mine in, took the dealer about 45 minutes but they were not working on it the whole time. Not many techs were there, the service bay was empty, looked like an old-fashioned Maytag repairman commercial. (If you are under 50 you probably have no idea what I’m talking about, they ran from 1967 to into the early 2000’s with 4 different actors doing the commercial.). No idea what they did other than totally jack up the drivers seat settings...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just took mine in, took the dealer about 45 minutes but they were not working on it the whole time. Not many techs were there, the service bay was empty, looked like an old-fashioned Maytag repairman commercial. (If you are under 50 you probably have no idea what I’m talking about, they ran from 1967 to into the early 2000’s with 4 different actors doing the commercial.). No idea what they did other than totally jack up the drivers seat settings...
Out of curiosity what version# did it jump to?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

airgas1998

Reaction score
try maybe under 40...i'm 46 and sure in the hell remember that dude...

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Unable to get the radio to talk with the Sirius satellite, or know what to do with the signal. This is after successfully installing the update OTA.
So I took it to the dealer to have them take a look at it, and also do the wiper recall.
Long story short. They couldn't fix it by simply reinstalling the latest software.
They're opening a Star case, and my truck is parked at the dealership.
Update:
Got my truck back today.
Result of the star case is to replace the unit.
Find out Monday how long of a wait it'll be for the parts.
They'll buy me a new screen protector as well.
Nice to have the truck back.
Hope to not have any new rattles in the dash after.
Hope transferring Sirius to a new unit goes smooth.

gtxdana

Reaction score
I got the recall notices for the radio and the wiper nut the other day. I also had an OTA update done a few days before I got the recall notice. My question is how do I access the Radio Part Information screen? I tried pushing the two lower right buttons and that didn't work. I also didn't look the "What's new" screen after the update. Is there somewhere to access that screen as well?
1589028251407.png

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the recall notices for the radio and the wiper nut the other day. I also had an OTA update done a few days before I got the recall notice. My question is how do I access the Radio Part Information screen? I tried pushing the two lower right buttons and that didn't work. I also didn't look the "What's new" screen after the update. Is there somewhere to access that screen as well?
View attachment 55493

You have to press and hold the bottom row buttons furthest to the right and left at the same time.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
The what's new button just wants to connect you to ASSIST just like pushing the ASSIST button overhead.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:
Got my truck back today.
Result of the star case is to replace the unit.
Find out Monday how long of a wait it'll be for the parts.
They'll buy me a new screen protector as well.
Nice to have the truck back.
Hope to not have any new rattles in the dash after.
Hope transferring Sirius to a new unit goes smooth.
There just going to replace radio module behind display so no need to replace screen protector. Good luck with siriusxm, wont be a problem if your on paid subscription, who knows what they will F up if your on trial. When they transfered my lifetime after my trial ran out they canceled my travel link (still had 4 years left) and they refuse to reactivate. They are separate services with separate subscriptions. They admit it should not have happened but keep saying no way to reactivate unless you buy new subscription. After hours of chat and phone calls talking to at least 5 people I have up. Customer service is the worst.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
There just going to replace radio module behind display so no need to replace screen protector. Good luck with siriusxm, wont be a problem if your on paid subscription, who knows what they will F up if your on trial. When they transfered my lifetime after my trial ran out they canceled my travel link (still had 4 years left) and they refuse to reactivate. They are separate services with separate subscriptions. They admit it should not have happened but keep saying no way to reactivate unless you buy new subscription. After hours of chat and phone calls talking to at least 5 people I have up. Customer service is the worst.

I'll mention it up front before the swap. See what they say to make me feel better, and hold 'em to it. THX

EddieW

Reaction score
OTA update yesterday to software version 20.04.19

No issues with the backup camera since the last OTA took my software to version 19.49.13

We'll see if anything changes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_170547.jpg
    IMG_20200513_170547.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread