5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio and Bluetooth issue

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I only use my Bluetooth and actually have never listened to the radio and or paid radio in my truck. In the last couple of weeks , about 10 times now, I will get in and my Bluetooth will start playing and including an oddball radio station. So they are both going at the same time. At first it was frustrating since I couldn't figure it out how to take it off including turning it off, now I just quickly hit Sirius Radio then Bluetooth media and DONE. I plan on asking the dealer when I take it in for a oil change next month if this is common. Anybody out there dealing with this?

shrubs2000

Reaction score
this started happening to a few of us here too. My "guess" is XM pushed an update as this just started happening. Plus, when this started, I lost my presets and my XM user info for U-connect.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
this started happening to a few of us here too. My "guess" is XM pushed an update as this just started happening. Plus, when this started, I lost my presets and my XM user info for U-connect.

So you think it's XM that's playing in the background and not just regular FM radio? It is getting annoying since it is getting more frequent.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
So you think it's XM that's playing in the background and not just regular FM radio? It is getting annoying since it is getting more frequent.

It's XM as it's what I would call the Subscription infomercial (It's that channel 1 or something). I'm a subscriber so it's not even playing a station.

MrAndrewArnold

Reaction score
I just noticed this as well, just started happening last week. It plays an XM sports radio station. I do the same fix, go to XM, then switch back to Bluetooth. Strange.

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
It did it a couple of times to me while I was listening to IheartRadio on Carplay. It was a sports station. I didn't know at the time how to get out of the loop, I turned everything off a couple of times and it just stopped.

stevestrike

Reaction score
It started happening to me, randomly but usually when I'm in and out of the truck like running in for groceries, getting gas, and I start the truck for the 2nd/3rd time. A Sirius station (sports of some sort) will play even though bluetooth is selected as the source. The quickest/only fix seems to be changing the source to XM, then back to bluetooth.

DM2059

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2019 Limited. I listen to Pandora most of the time and periodically ESPN radio comes on at the same time. Very annoying to me. The truck is only 10 days old with 500 miles on it. I'm hoping this problem goes away on it's own.

Kkrot2019

Reaction score
Same problem on my 2019 Laramie that is 7 days old with 200 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrISM

Reaction score
Mine does this as well pretty regularly.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I just got Sirius radio and then back to Bluetooth...but it hasn’t done it like in two weeks now

mferneau

Reaction score
Glad to hear that I’m not the only one to have this problem. I have a iPhone 10 playing via Bluetooth and occasionally get a concurrent radio station. I shut my phone off completely and still had the radio station playing. If I switch to Sirius/XM and back to Bluetooth, the concurrent radio station stops. Since the radio continues to play when selected to Bluetooth with the phone off, it has to be a uconnect issue. I plan to have the dealer address this during my first maintenance visit.

Users who are viewing this thread