5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Drive: 2019 Ram 1500 Sport With Mopar 2 Inch Lift

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
20180929_105354.jpg

We drive a 2019 Ram 1500 equipped with the Mopar 2 inch lift

Thanks to our friends at Abbotsford Chrysler, I had the chance to drive a 2019 Ram 1500 equipped with the MOPAR 2-inch lift kit over the weekend. This particular truck was a Canadian only Sport model finished in Granite Crystal Metallic. Abbotsford Chrysler upgraded the basic truck with the aforementioned MOPAR 2-inch lift, 20 inch Fuel Warrior wheels and a set of 285/60R20 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires.

2019 Ram 1500 Sport with MOPAR 2 inch lift (5thGenRams)

As we have reviewed a few different 2019 Ram 1500s already, I am solely going to focus on how the truck looks and drives with the 2-inch MOPAR lift for the purposes of this article. Upon seeing the truck for the first time it is immediately apparent that it takes on a much more aggressive stance with the raised ride height and new wheels and tires.

Out on the road I was impressed with how well the truck drove. Even with the lift and larger, stiffer tires the ride was still incredibly smooth and didn’t seem to be negatively affected in any way compared to a stock Ram 1500. Handling was good without excessive body roll or top heavy feel. The only noticeable thing on my drive was a bit of extra road noise from the Goodyear Duratrac tires compared to the stock road biased tires. That said you really had to be listening for it.

These trucks have an imposing presence on the road with a small lift and more aggressive tires. If that’s all you’re looking for the factory engineered MOPAR 2 inch lift is probably the best way to go. MOPAR says that you can fit up to a 35-inch tire with this lift and I can confidently say that it retains the stock ride and handling characteristics.

The MOPAR 2 inch lift part number: 77072424 retails for $1,350 U.S and can be ordered through any dealer or direct. The lift will not void any factory warranty and in fact, will be covered by the remainder of the 3-year 36,000-mile warranty.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man that is a great looking truck.

Make any progress on a decision with the long term tester @Jared B

@BobbiBigWheels keeps giving you great trucks to drive, which I am sure makesthe decision harder, not easier.

Thanks for the reveiw.

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Man that is a great looking truck.

Make any progress on a decision with the long term tester @Jared B

@BobbiBigWheels keeps giving you great tricks to drive, which I am sure makesthe decision harder, not easier.

Thanks for the reveiw.

I actually didn't go to review this truck, I went to possibly buy it. It turned out to be too lightly optioned for my tastes but I took this one for a few hours after with the intent on purchasing.

20180929_113520.jpg

The emotional side of me says to do it. The problem is I owe more on my truck than it's worth right now and interest rates have gone up since I bought my truck. I'm struggling with the idea of burying negative equity into a new truck on a higher interest rate loan. Sure I could throw a bunch of money at my truck and then trade it in but it's basically just the same thing in a different way.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually didn't go to review this truck, I went to possibly buy it. It turned out to be too lightly optioned for my tastes but I took this one for a few hours after with the intent on purchasing.

View attachment 5747

The emotional side of me says to do it. The problem is I owe more on my truck than it's worth right now and interest rates have gone up since I bought my truck. I'm struggling with the idea of burying negative equity into a new truck on a higher interest rate loan. Sure I could throw a bunch of money at my truck and then trade it in but it's basically just the same thing in a different way.
Move to Winnipeg and the words "negative equity" will never effect you again. ;)

Brobee

Reaction score
I'm such a noob - can you add a 2" level kit on top of the Mopar 2" lift?

mobius0034

Reaction score
Looks like you can. But I think the new updated one has a spacer to level truck some

Users who are viewing this thread