5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for audio Gurus... adding 7th (front middle) speaker to 6 speaker systems

805myth1

Reaction score
I have everything almost ready to complete my install, except for building my enclosure for the kicker L7T but I have an old one I can use for now.
Installed;
Doors - infinity ref 9623ix
Dash corners - infinity ref 3032cfx
Dash center - power acoustik nb-2 w/ PAC bb-6pr
Rear headliner- prv tw350ti-4 slim

Not installed;
Sub - kicker 46L7T124
Amp - pioneer gm-d9705
2nd amp - ppi TRAX2.800D
Rockford fosgate dsr1 w/ CH4 harness

Aschulte13

Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty sure the 6 speaker system with ANC requires the CH3 harness. This is what Crutchfield and idatalink recommend. If you look at the ANC there are two connectors going into it, which matches the CH3 harness. The CH4 harness has 3 connectors.

I ordered a DSR1 and will hopefully get it installed this week. Going to hook up a 4 channel for the 6x9’s and a mini 2 channel for the 3.5”’s.
Hopefully everything goes smooth. I hear mixed reviews.
Well I was way off about the harness thing. The CH3 goes behind the radio. Use the ANC bypass on the ANC. Got the DSR1 installed on my truck today and seems pretty awesome. No problems at all. Need to find a better ground for my amps.

Aschulte13

Reaction score
If anyone has a nice tune for the 6 speaker ram from a DSR1 I would love to try it out. Just throwing it out there.

Aschulte13

Reaction score
Well I was way off about the harness thing. The CH3 goes behind the radio. Use the ANC bypass on the ANC. Got the DSR1 installed on my truck today and seems pretty awesome. No problems at all. Need to find a better ground for my amps.
Ended up using a pre tapped hole on the back wall behind drivers side rear seat For the ground. M10 1.25. DSR1 is working really well. Had some issues when I had it on high input signal, but maestro and Rockford said to use the low input. Much cleaner, and less noise now.

Users who are viewing this thread