5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About Tire Rotation

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah my statement on the dash indicator was from my Ram 2020 manual. The dash indicator has always been at 10k miles +/- maybe 500 for my truck. It's currently at 40% and I'm almost 46k miles after resetting it at 40k.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have to do mine as part of the service within 12m or milage which ever comes soonest or they won't honor the warranty. So it has to be done at the proper place which of course is a rip off
This am aftermarket warranty thing? Magnuson -Moss act says you can do your own maintenance on your vehicle without voiding warranty

John Galt

Reaction score
This am aftermarket warranty thing? Magnuson -Moss act says you can do your own maintenance on your vehicle without voiding warranty
Yes and it’s ON THEM to prove you did maintenance wrong and that’s what caused a failure, not on you to prove you did it right.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes and it’s ON THEM to prove you did maintenance wrong and that’s what caused a failure, not on you to prove you did it right.
What happens when they want proof of maintenance? Many A/M warranties want proof w/ receipts

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What happens when they want proof of maintenance? Many A/M warranties want proof w/ receipts
"I do my own oil changes and I steal the oil from Walmart so I don't need to pay for it and thus don't have receipts" "Please provide proof of failure to change oil"

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"I do my own oil changes and I steal the oil from Walmart so I don't need to pay for it and thus don't have receipts" "Please provide proof of failure to change oil"
Unfortunately some A/M warranties have this clause written in their contracts. It's not the same as a factory warranty.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately some A/M warranties have this clause written in their contracts. It's not the same as a factory warranty.
That's not a warranty then.
Warranties by law need to follow some rules.

What people are likely referring to is an "protection plan" (insurance policy) as it's almost if not completely impossible to get a real aftermarket "warranty".
Protection plans don't need to abide by any laws that warranties do and can define whatever they want and if ever taken to court then can default\bankrupt the company if they want and spawn another company name with the same employees working which is why there are always an infinite amount of different names of these companies.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not a warranty then.
Warranties by law need to follow some rules.

What people are likely referring to is an "protection plan" (insurance policy) as it's almost if not completely impossible to get a real aftermarket "warranty".
Protection plans don't need to abide by any laws that warranties do and can define whatever they want and if ever taken to court then can default\bankrupt the company if they want and spawn another company name with the same employees working which is why there are always an infinite amount of different names of these companies.
I apologize for using the wrong terminology for you. Yet you fully understand what I meant. How about if you have your engine replaced at at Ram dealer with a mopar reman part, can they ask for proof of maintenance if they ask?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I apologize for using the wrong terminology for you. Yet you fully understand what I meant. How about if you have your engine replaced at at Ram dealer with a mopar reman part, can they ask for proof of maintenance if they ask?
They can ask, but if they are trying to deny warranty, they have to prove a lack of proper oil changes caused the issue.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They can ask, but if they are trying to deny warranty, they have to prove a lack of proper oil changes caused the issue.
If they say oil starvation/improper lubrication is the cause of failure.

It is on the owner to provide documentation that the vehicle was maintained with proper fluids as stated in the owners manual.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

It is on the owner to provide documentation that the vehicle was maintained with proper fluids as stated in the owners manual.
If it was oil starvation, then, yes it would be on the owner for not checking the oil and making sure there was enough in the truck.

John Galt

Reaction score

Could be a failed oil pump.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
quick question, some of you talk about the rotation back to front and then front to back but crossed.

mine tires have a way on ratation, so technicly i can move front to back and vice versa but i cant cross them ? otherwise 2 tire will be spinning in the wrong direction? unless taking off the tires from the wheels and that will cost more then what ever the rotation is saving

having snow here i rotate my tires when i remove my winter for summer but only from front to back and back to front, but was wondering about those of you that cross them

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They can ask but can't do anything. Law states the burdon of proof is on the dealership to prove the owner directly did something that caused the part to fail.
And if the owner was/is at fault they shouldn't of been taking it to the dealership anyways.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They can ask but can't do anything. Law states the burdon of proof is on the dealership to prove the owner directly did something that caused the part to fail.
And if the owner was/is at fault they shouldn't of been taking it to the dealership anyways.
We can argue all sides. If you do not maintain your vehicle properly with the correct fluids as stated in the owners manual you are putting yourself at risk. I have seen people try to defraud the manufacturer on major repairs. They have never won. Oil analysis, shows a lot of things.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
We can argue all sides. If you do not maintain your vehicle properly with the correct fluids as stated in the owners manual you are putting yourself at risk. I have seen people try to defraud the manufacturer on major repairs. They have never won. Oil analysis, shows a lot of things.
No one here said they were trying to commit fraud against the manufacturer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
quick question, some of you talk about the rotation back to front and then front to back but crossed.

mine tires have a way on ratation, so technicly i can move front to back and vice versa but i cant cross them ? otherwise 2 tire will be spinning in the wrong direction? unless taking off the tires from the wheels and that will cost more then what ever the rotation is saving

having snow here i rotate my tires when i remove my winter for summer but only from front to back and back to front, but was wondering about those of you that cross them
If you have directional tires, you can't cross them without removing the tires from the wheels. If you do that when you switch from summer to winterz then I would have the shop mount the tires on the opposite side wheels each time

John Galt

Reaction score
No one here said they were trying to commit fraud against the manufacturer.
Exactly. You can’t treat every claim with the presumption of fraud and put the burden on the customer to prove they’re not lying/defrauding you.

Users who are viewing this thread