5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about the 2023 Digital Gauge Cluster and Exchanging it from an Analog Cluster from 2022

JohnGow383

Reaction score
The conversion harness is custom, and not something a dealership would do. I can build it for you. I would make certain you are able to actually buy a new digital cluster first.
Well the dealer has already got the 2023 gauge cluster. They have wiTech and full dealer level access so the BCM and radio modules can be re-configured (I think). So I'm not sure what the harness is? They already swapped it for an older mph one but then we found it didn't have heads up display so went back to original. I'm UK so everything takes time to get the parts sent over as they have to order everything in.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well the dealer has already got the 2023 gauge cluster. They have wiTech and full dealer level access so the BCM and radio modules can be re-configured (I think). So I'm not sure what the harness is? They already swapped it for an older mph one but then we found it didn't have heads up display so went back to original. I'm UK so everything takes time to get the parts sent over as they have to order everything in.
So they already had a 2023 digital cluster swapped into your truck, adapted the wiring to it, and was fired up and working?

JohnGow383

Reaction score
So they already had a 2023 digital cluster swapped into your truck, adapted the wiring to it, and was fired up and working?
No. I bought my 2022 in Nov. Before I picked it up I'd asked to swap to the mph one for 2022. however, when they fitted it, they realized it was the wrong one and didnt have the heads up display. Since it was a Limited I wasnt going to go with this (at and additional £1500) so they just put back to original. They were struggling with getting one so then we looked into getting a 2023 digital. It's only just come in. I live miles away so I havent been down yet to get it fitted but due in next week.

JohnGow383

Reaction score
The conversion harness is custom, and not something a dealership would do. I can build it for you. I would make certain you are able to actually buy a new digital cluster first.
Hi Jimmy. So I postponed the fitting of the new cluster because they will first have to source a new 2023 BCM and radio module as well as getting the new European maps installed which covers the UK roads. Thanks for your kind offer about making the harness. Would you be able to send me a DM regarding the details of that and I can arrange a PayPal payment to cover it. Thanks

BLK_RAM

Reaction score
The swap has been done. It requires a conversion harness. Everything will work like it’s supposed to except for the factory navigation map being displayed in the cluster (you would need a 2023 BCM and 2023 radio module for that). You will need to replace the left steering wheel switch with the new one in order to access the customizable tiles. On the new switch, the top button will now perform the voice command feature AND answer phone function (so it performs both 1 & 2 from the old button layout).

Just curious. If i have a 2023 Laramie non digital cluster will the digital conversion work as it should with maps and everything?

Quietpeen

Reaction score
is there a difference in the cluster for a truck with and without HUD?

Users who are viewing this thread