5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Bilstein 5100's

canative

Reaction score
Got a question about Bilstein 5100's. I am planning on having some installed, but I saw on Bilsteins website that says not to go past the 5th setting for the Off Road Package. I didn't see any explanation as to why. I currently have Ready Lift UCA's for the 2 inch level installed now and plan on removing the 2 inch spacer.

FLArebel

Reaction score
From what I understand (take anything I say with a grain of salt) the 5th setting will give you 2.1” lift which is 3.1” over stock. Even with new UCAs you’d be pushing the limits of angles by going beyond the 5th setting

canative

Reaction score
Good enough. Guess I'll leave it at the 5th setting then.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if it has to do with compressing the 1" taller spring but at the 5th setting the truck is level with everything else stock on an ORP truck...

Bobbybob

Reaction score
@canative like your setup! Did you install the 5100s already? trying to find others with the ORP that have done this and what their experience has been.

canative

Reaction score
@canative like your setup! Did you install the 5100s already? trying to find others with the ORP that have done this and what their experience has been.
Not yet. They were out of stock last time I checked, at Tire Rack they were $129 each.

Sigep924

Reaction score
This is my truck on the 4th ring with 35x11.50R20 Ridgegrapplers. It will be nose high on the 5th ring if that's something you're not wanting.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 179

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck.

Is it level or does it have a little rake to it? Hard to tell from the pic.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Got a question about Bilstein 5100's. I am planning on having some installed, but I saw on Bilsteins website that says not to go past the 5th setting for the Off Road Package. I didn't see any explanation as to why. I currently have Ready Lift UCA's for the 2 inch level installed now and plan on removing the 2 inch spacer.
Any reason you're removing the RL spacers and moving to the 5100s?I'm trying to fogure out what the best option is.

canative

Reaction score
I am removing the spacers and going with the Bilstein's based on other posts saying it's better ride quality with the Bilstein's.

california hauler

Reaction score
I just had the Bilsteins installed on my 2020, position 4 with ORP. I'm happy so far. Now, I'm trying to find out which tires I can put on my 18s, without rubbing. I'm clueless with all the tire numbers. Any advice on tires for 18 inch wheels appreciated, looking for all terrain but still good for towing and highway.

BigAdge

Reaction score
I just had the Bilsteins installed on my 2020, position 4 with ORP. I'm happy so far. Now, I'm trying to find out which tires I can put on my 18s, without rubbing. I'm clueless with all the tire numbers. Any advice on tires for 18 inch wheels appreciated, looking for all terrain but still good for towing and highway.
Can you post a pic I am between pos 4 or 5 on the Bilsteins that get here in 4 weeks. Thanks! Looks like you can go all the way to 35 inchers with the level according to the forums I've been reading! 275/65/18

Bobbybob

Reaction score
This is my truck on the 4th ring with 35x11.50R20 Ridgegrapplers. It will be nose high on the 5th ring if that's something you're not wanting.
How does the geometry (LCA and UCA) look overall with the setup and ORP? I think I might go route of the mopar lift with the UCAs and redox shocks from and back. We shall see.

california hauler

Reaction score
Can you post a pic I am between pos 4 or 5 on the Bilsteins that get here in 4 weeks. Thanks! Looks like you can go all the way to 35 inchers with the level according to the forums I've been reading! 275/65/18
I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. I think there is a slight rake, but I also have the timber grove asam air bags which seem to keep the rear a little higher. based on the other poster his looks more level than mine. I actually just found the tires I think I want, hoping they will not rub. 285x75x18 Cooper Discoverer AT3. is there any issue if stock tires are 65r and new tires are 75r? these sizes are so confusing.

jburden59

Reaction score
Hey guys, did everyone do an alignment along with the shock replacement. My local shop is recommending it....is there a concensus?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time I mess with the front end like that I do an alignment. Plenty of things that can have excessive wear if it's out-of-spec (tires, joints, etc.) that could costing you more down the road.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, did everyone do an alignment along with the shock replacement. My local shop is recommending it....is there a concensus?

Definitely do the alignment. (Unless you’re not raising the front end and using the stock setting)

When I asked for it my shop said I wouldn’t need it. When I picked up the truck he told me “yeah we check just to be sure and it needed adjusting.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Absolutely. I ran mine for about a week until I got it aligned and could already see tire wear.

Users who are viewing this thread