5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about auto-dimming mirrors

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding is that Longhorn/Limited have both auto-dim, the rest of the lineup has just the driver side one auto-dim.

my Laramie dims all three mirrors. might be do to certain package selections.

Last edited:

Raydar

Reaction score
My understanding is that Longhorn/Limited have both auto-dim, the rest of the lineup has just the driver side one auto-dim.

Okay. Mine (Bighorn Sport) dim on all but the passenger side. So I guess that's normal.
Seems like a "cheap-out", but yeah...

Flot

Reaction score
Well this is weird, I'm 95% sure my Laramie Sport (which was pretty optioned out!) only dims drivers and rearview, not passenger side mirror. I have tinted windows so I don't find this to be a problem.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
According to my build sheet, mine comes with "Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror". It does not say anything about the passenger mirror.
This is what the manual says:
"The driver’s outside mirror will automatically adjust for glare from vehicles behind you. This feature is controlled by the inside automatic dimming mirror and will automatically adjust for headlight glare when the inside mirror adjusts."

Mine also is the drivers auto dim. according to the build sheet

ebland0724

Reaction score
My Laramie Sport had all three dimming. The mirrors started acting funning on folding (making creaking sounds, popping and jumping). Dealership replaced passenger side, but did not replace with autodimming. I pointed it out and they say its not even an option on my truck, and that it doesnt show up on the build sheet for my truck. Supposedly they are calling the factory to figure something out. If they give me a hard time about putting autodimming back on, I am going to loose my mind...

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie Sport had all three dimming. The mirrors started acting funning on folding (making creaking sounds, popping and jumping). Dealership replaced passenger side, but did not replace with autodimming. I pointed it out and they say its not even an option on my truck, and that it doesnt show up on the build sheet for my truck. Supposedly they are calling the factory to figure something out. If they give me a hard time about putting autodimming back on, I am going to loose my mind...
you can see on the edge of the mirror the outline of the dimming portion, where is the old mirror the dealership replaced?

ebland0724

Reaction score
@Goatmann, I'm not sure where the old mirror is. I had it repalced last Saturday, and I didnt drive it at night until Tuesday, so i notified them Wednesday. I'm sure it's been discarded by now...

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Goatmann, I'm not sure where the old mirror is. I had it repalced last Saturday, and I didnt drive it at night until Tuesday, so i notified them Wednesday. I'm sure it's been discarded by now...
that blows! sorry sir. my wiper motor failed last august and i had the service guy show me the old one. i get all my old parts or at least request they let me see them when any work is done on my vehicles. doesn't help you now, but hind sight is 20/20.

i just looked up my vin number and the Monroney sticker does not list dimming mirrors but all three of my mirrors dim. have them make it right! call FCA and get a STAR case started!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread