5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PW vs LTD

mrclortho

Reaction score
Doesn't it come with extras like a winch in the front bumper for example?
I didn't see that standard or option on any other 2500 when I was looking I don't think.
Yes, it comes with the all of the exact same mechanical extras, from suspension, to engine, to trans, to lockers, to gears, swabar disco's, winch, wheels, and tires.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
A winch is optional on the 2500 Rebel with the 6.4L gas engine. The winch isn’t available with the Cummins, presumably because the intercooler doesn’t leave room.
2500 Rebels are brand new. Didn't they just start in 2023?
PWs have been made for years.
Likely reduces the difference I suppose since there are now 2 trims they offer those options on.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2500 Rebels are brand new. Didn't they just start in 2023?
PWs have been made for years.
Likely reduces the difference I suppose since there are now 2 trims they offer those options on.
Correct. The only real difference is the addition of the cummins (in my opionion). I'd love to have a cummins rebel, but yew! That price. My local dealer has a white one for a cool 92k.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
once I got in and drove a Limited....I knew I could never NOT have that suspension, just simply amazing. Get what you want, but I really have a hard time believing you will think you made "a mistake" after buying a Limited, unless you were into serious off-roading, which you aren't.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
once I got in and drove a Limited....I knew I could never NOT have that suspension, just simply amazing. Get what you want, but I really have a hard time believing you will think you made "a mistake" after buying a Limited, unless you were into serious off-roading, which you aren't.
Or if you wanted to tow :ROFLMAO:
I don't see why the Limited can't be off road worthy except for the fact there is 0 protection under the engine or drive lines. I believe there are skid plates finally made for it now, a little pricy but cheaper then getting any damage on those parts.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Or if you wanted to tow :ROFLMAO:
I don't see why the Limited can't be off road worthy except for the fact there is 0 protection under the engine or drive lines. I believe there are skid plates finally made for it now, a little pricy but cheaper then getting any damage on those parts.
Definitely agree on the towing issue. Our Limited has just over 1000 lb payload rating. It's a good thing we have nothing to tow :LOL:

Not sure what you mean about skid plates finally being made for them now though. Unless you're referring to something other than factory skid plates, you've always been able to get a Limited with them if you opt for the Off Road Group. And skid plates made for any other 5th gen will work on a Limited as well.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely agree on the towing issue. Our Limited has just over 1000 lb payload rating. It's a good thing we have nothing to tow :LOL:

Not sure what you mean about skid plates finally being made for them now though. Unless you're referring to something other than factory skid plates, you've always been able to get a Limited with them if you opt for the Off Road Group. And skid plates made for any other 5th gen will work on a Limited as well.
You can't get the off road group with most of the other packages, and yes I mean other real skid plates. I was not able to buy the skid plates or off-road group with my truck 2022 build in the end of 2021 and early 2022.

All aftermarket ones were made for the Rebel or TRX (I forget which) and would not fit a Limited for whatever reason. I believe there is one around 6 months old that covers everything and is around $800. Someone tested in on the forums here pre-production if I recall.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can't get the off road group with most of the other packages, and yes I mean other real skid plates. I was not able to buy the skid plates or off-road group with my truck 2022 build in the end of 2021 and early 2022.

All aftermarket ones were made for the Rebel or TRX (I forget which) and would not fit a Limited for whatever reason. I believe there is one around 6 months old that covers everything and is around $800. Someone tested in on the forums here pre-production if I recall.
Sounds like you're talking specifically about a front skid plate. In which case you're correct, but it would also apply to any other 5th gen model besides Rebel and/or TRX. Skid plates for other areas of the truck that will bolt onto a Big Horn, Rebel, Tradesman, Longhorn, or Laramie will also bolt onto a Limited.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The 23 Limited that I ordered, but didn't buy, had the Off Road Group, with the skid plates.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The 23 Limited that I ordered, but didn't buy, had the Off Road Group, with the skid plates.
Not sure about 2019 models, although I suspect they were the same, you could always get the ORG on a Limited. I think @Darksteel165 meant that the ORG isn't available with some other options on the Limited. Like you can't get both the ORG and Night Edition on a Limited. You can chose one or the other, but not both.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure about 2019 models, although I suspect they were the same, you could always get the ORG on a Limited. I think @Darksteel165 meant that the ORG isn't available with some other options on the Limited. Like you can't get both the ORG and Night Edition on a Limited. You can chose one or the other, but not both.
Yes that's what I mean.
When I was ordering I tried to get an Laramie but you couldn't get the tech package and GT package.
Might be different now for Limited but it wasn't a package able to be added, I forget the conflicting one.
I tried to add the protection package and it was not offered either :(

6of36

Reaction score
They figure the people getting night package aren't off roading. Of course most of the people who order Off Road Group, never leave pavement either.:p

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They figure the people getting night package aren't off roading. Of course most of the people who order Off Road Group, never leave pavement either.:p
I like the Night Edition because I don't like chrome. I don't like the 22 inch wheels that come with the package though, and are likely the reason you can't get both options on a Limited. Conflicting wheel sizes.

You're definitely right with your last statement. Hell, I owned a '17 Rebel for three years and it only ever saw light off-roading one weekend. But for me it wasn't so much that I regularly went off-road, but the fact that I could if I wanted. :ROFLMAO:

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You can get both ORP and Night Edition on a Limited starting with the 23 MY.

But on any air ride the ORP is pretty much just skid plates, downhill descent control, off road pages, a sticker, and 1 fewer ride height modes.

Scram1500

Reaction score
But on any air ride the ORP is pretty much just skid plates, downhill descent control, off road pages, a sticker, and 1 fewer ride height modes.
Plus the e-locker rear end

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Not according to the ramtrucks.com site. If you have the Night Edition selected then select ORG you get this...

1699114003570.png

I haven't gone into the dealership to see if they can build this with their configurator since 2021. We all know the website is sometimes inaccurate, so it would be nice if you could get both. But until I see someone actually has one I'm skeptical about your claim.

6of36

Reaction score

According to the build and price, you can't. But that could be wrong, not the first time.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A winch is optional on the 2500 Rebel with the 6.4L gas engine. The winch isn’t available with the Cummins, presumably because the intercooler doesn’t leave room.
That is correct. Have to go aftermarket winch bumper.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not according to the ramtrucks.com site. If you have the Night Edition selected then select ORG you get this...

View attachment 170530

I haven't gone into the dealership to see if they can build this with their configurator since 2021. We all know the website is sometimes inaccurate, so it would be nice if you could get both. But until I see someone actually has one I'm skeptical about your claim.
That lines up with what experience as I needed night edition for the features.

Users who are viewing this thread