5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PW vs LTD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t used to have telescoping steering wheel. Not sure about now.
I could not get comfortable in 4.5 gen.

No telescoping wheel in the 4.5gen HD. Likely never will until the 5th gen (or follow-on) cab hits.

It is big gripe among most buyers and perplexing why Ram doesn't at least fix that one thing.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 23 Limited that I ordered, but didn't buy, had the Off Road Group, with the skid plates.

Don't need the off-road group for the factory skid plate (it's just the xfr case plate. My 3500 Limited has one. It's available either ala carte or part of the snow chief prep.

Most just rip off the front air dam and put on a CJC front skid and call it a day.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not according to the ramtrucks.com site. If you have the Night Edition selected then select ORG you get this...

View attachment 170530

I haven't gone into the dealership to see if they can build this with their configurator since 2021. We all know the website is sometimes inaccurate, so it would be nice if you could get both. But until I see someone actually has one I'm skeptical about your claim.

ORG includes a hill descent button/feature on the 4x4 panel selector. It can be DIY on the 2500 with a $45 panel and AlfaOBD. Doesn't work on the 3500 (I know, I tried).

A4Owner

Reaction score
I personally do not acknowledge "real" vs fake Power Wagon. To me its the muscle its the suspension its the diffs and disconnecting sway bars. NO ONE buys a Power Wagon with the expectation of buttery soft leather seats or a 19 speaker audio system (they have a model for that already its called the Limited) and I repeat...I cannot get this dam behemoth out of my mind. I know I'll probably "wuss" out and get a Ltd.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A winch is optional on the 2500 Rebel with the 6.4L gas engine. The winch isn’t available with the Cummins, presumably because the intercooler doesn’t leave room.
The Rebel also doesn't have the front e-locker or articulink, and has stiffer springs - to give it more payload than a PW.

That said, the Cummins Rebel payload is still disappointing if you're looking to hitch a 5th wheel to it, as is most 3/4T for anything but a superlight.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2500 Rebels are brand new. Didn't they just start in 2023?
PWs have been made for years.
Likely reduces the difference I suppose since there are now 2 trims they offer those options on.

Correct. The only real difference is the addition of the cummins (in my opionion). I'd love to have a cummins rebel, but yew! That price. My local dealer has a white one for a cool 92k.
Rebel has no front locker or articulink. Stiffer suspension than PW for more payload.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All 3/4 ton trucks have higher resale than 1/2 tons. Doesn't matter the brand. I agree with Darksteel, not everything is available the same on either. Things like HUD are not available on 2500s, but 2500s have power extending tow mirrors, instead of the moose antler ones. I went 1500, for the luxury. I don't tow more than 6,000 lbs.

I just don't get this constant "luxury" claim that it only exist on the 1500.

My 3500 Limited is identical in nearly every way to a 1500 Limited.

Granted, it's the 4th gen cab, no HUD, no telescoping wheel, and the new seat frames are better. But everything else is the same - top grain leather seating (instead of bonded leather on the Laramie), dash, grab handles, etc. 12" center stack, adaptive LED projector lights, etc. etc. etc. Plus it can pull 25K. :)

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only Ram with resale potential is the TRX.
Go buy some and put them in a barn.

Better sit and drive the PW, like Brutal said, not the same.

Like this guy?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the build and price, you can't. But that could be wrong, not the first time.

Ya Online configurator still is very wrong, when it works anyway.

Have laid eyes on several limited NEs with ORGs early in the 23 MY when I was shopping.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Granted, it's the 4th gen cab, no HUD, no telescoping wheel, and the new seat frames are better. But everything else is the same - top grain leather seating (instead of bonded leather on the Laramie), dash, grab handles, etc. 12" center stack, adaptive LED projector lights, etc. etc. etc. Plus it can pull 25K. :)
Well, there you go, not the same. I want my tilt wheel, which i can't understand, why they don't make power, like every other loaded vehicle on the planet, and the heads up display. After having the heads up, I won't get another vehicle without it. Do you have quilted leather door panels, suede headliner, heated and cooled, reclining rear seats, 4 wheel air suspension, split tail gate, dial shifter, gas engine,trailer tire pressure in dash?

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I currently have hud. Big Whup, I can live without it and not worth the money IMO. How hard is it to look down and very hard to see during bright days.

The lack of telescoping wheel is the only thing keeping me from HD.

A4Owner

Reaction score
I'm a real sucker for the 2500 look in general. PW especially. But let's face it, if you're some dorky Kia or Hyundai or electric car and you see a 2500 closing in on you from behind...you're moving over...period.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm a real sucker for the 2500 look in general. PW especially. But let's face it, if you're some dorky Kia or Hyundai or electric car and you see a 2500 closing in on you from behind...you're moving over...period.
Sounds like you are over compensating for something...

Users who are viewing this thread