5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push to Start Issue - RF Hub?

jbuck55

Reaction score
2021 Bighorn Night Edition with 47,500 miles. Just a few minutes ago went to crank her up and nothing. Just the dash display saying to Push brake and start. I stepped outside of the truck and then used the remote start and she fired right up. However, when I tried to hit the Push button to engage the rest of the truck.......nothing. The only way to turn it off was to hit the remote start again. I am not sure if this is a RF Hub issue because I can crank it with the fob. My wife thinks the Push start has gone out but damn, after only 47,500 miles? Before I have to have this big ol baby towed to a repair shop I thought I would ask the experts here what they thought. I am all eyes and look forward to any helpful replies.

papap

Reaction score
Get your battery check. I know it sounds silly but I know someone this happened to and it was the battery.

jbuck55

Reaction score
Get your battery check. I know it sounds silly but I know someone this happened to and it was the battery.
So I went to try it again and it fired up......drove around the block and then back in the driveway and I couldn't shut it off with the push button. It idled for about 5- 8 minutes while I was getting my tools to disconnect the battery and I tried it once more to turn off and it did. But refuses to crank again. I will take out the battery first thing tomorrow and get it checked at Autozone. I am really hoping this is it and thank you so much for your replay. I sincerely hope it is the silly battery.

Users who are viewing this thread