5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchasing a new truck. Need your help!

7amada

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Need the help of all you Ram gurus here ...

I have decided to purchase a new 2021 truck and have made my decision on a Built to Serve in either the ceramic gray or anvil color.

I want to take advantage of the 0% APR and 84 month financing so I only have till May 3rd. I have looked allover my state with no luck.

QUESTION, what would be the best way to try and find a 2021 ram built to serve in either anvil or ceramic gray. not picky about other options. Anywhere in the nation is fine.

Any and all help is appreciated. THANK YOU :cool:

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would google “ new Rams for sale “ work ? Up here I’d use auto trader .

2020RAMLTD5.7

Reaction score

I have decided to purchase a new 2021 truck and have made my decision on a Built to Serve in either the ceramic gray or anvil color.

I want to take advantage of the 0% APR and 84 month financing so I only have till May 3rd. I have looked allover my state with no luck.

QUESTION, what would be the best way to try and find a 2021 ram built to serve in either anvil or ceramic gray. not picky about other options. Anywhere in the nation is fine.

Any and all help is appreciated. THANK YOU :cool:
Hey brother. Go to Ramtrucks.com and do a search. Go to the search filter and clear everything, then check off built to serve in the packages tab. And make search distance the max which is 250 miles. Or go to your nearest RAM dealer and they should be able to search inventory in the whole country. GOOD LUCK!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-100901_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-100901_Samsung Internet.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210426-100846_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-100846_Samsung Internet.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 17

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, 0% for 72 is the max you’ll get on a Ram, at least around my parts.

7amada

Reaction score
Hey brother. Go to Ramtrucks.com and do a search. Go to the search filter and clear everything, then check off built to serve in the packages tab. And make search distance the max which is 250 miles. Or go to your nearest RAM dealer and they should be able to search inventory in the whole country. GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah I tried that, nothing within 250 miles. wish it gave you the option to search nationwide

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just did the 250mi search from St. Paul, MN and there are only tank and flame red on lots here. I still had Anvil as an option to check but ceramic grey wasn't even listed anymore.

7amada

Reaction score
I just did the 250mi search from St. Paul, MN and there are only tank and flame red on lots here. I still had Anvil as an option to check but ceramic grey wasn't even listed anymore.
That is what I get too. Can only search for anvil and within 250 miles only flame red and tank color.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I get too. Can only search for anvil and within 250 miles only flame red and tank color.
Ram website says ceramic grey is sold out, which explains why you can’t search for it. But there could be one on a lot somewhere; Autotrader might help you find it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you need a truck right now or could you do an order? Incentives should be better in summer (but worst case you can lock-in current incentives and take the better of now or when the truck is delivered) and you are close to Aaron to order from in Louisiana who has near the best prices in the country.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ceramic gray BTS trucks are no longer available. They were released last year, and can’t be purchased any longer (unless used).

You might be able to still find an Anvil unit. I think there’s a dealer or two in California that may still have one. And the only reason a dealer would still have one at this point is because they are unwilling to negotiate on price.

Oh, and the Ceramic Gray trucks were 2020s, not 2021s.

2020RAMLTD5.7

Reaction score

QUESTION, what would be the best way to try and find a 2021 ram built to serve in either anvil or ceramic gray. not picky about other options. Anywhere in the nation

Ram website says ceramic grey is sold out, which explains why you can’t search for it. But there could be one on a lot somewhere; Autotrader might help you find it.
I'm using zip code 11426 which is Queens,NYC. There's 85 built to serve within 250 mile radius, however only 1 that's NOT red or tank green. I attached screen shots. It doesn't have any dealer info,not sure what that means.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-120057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-120057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210426-120234_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-120234_Samsung Internet.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210426-120246_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-120246_Samsung Internet.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 17

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

7amada

Reaction score
Do you need a truck right now or could you do an order? Incentives should be better in summer (but worst case you can lock-in current incentives and take the better of now or when the truck is delivered) and you are close to Aaron to order from in Louisiana who has near the best prices in the country.
Cant get Anvil or Ceramic Gray when ordering, I tried. Unless of course I did something wrong

7amada

Reaction score
The ceramic gray BTS trucks are no longer available. They were released last year, and can’t be purchased any longer (unless used).

You might be able to still find an Anvil unit. I think there’s a dealer or two in California that may still have one. And the only reason a dealer would still have one at this point is because they are unwilling to negotiate on price.

Oh, and the Ceramic Gray trucks were 2020s, not 2021s.
Thank you for that info. gonna do a few zip codes to check them out

7amada

Reaction score

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cant get Anvil or Ceramic Gray when ordering, I tried. Unless of course I did something wrong
No, you didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just the nature of the Built To Serve Package.

The Built to Serves are a limited edition. When all said and done, Ram will have offered five releases for each branch of the armed forces. The number of units produced per color, per release varies, but it’s been about 1,000 units each.

Ram has done one release at a time, and once the total number of units of that release are produced, that is it. The colors aren’t available anymore.

So in the case of the Ceramic Gray (Summer/Fall 2020 release) and Anvil (Winter 2020/2021 release), all of those trucks have been produced and BTS trucks in those colors will not be made again.

Ram is currently on the fifth, and final, release of the BTS lineup. The final release is for the Coast Guard and includes the colors Bright White and Spitfire Orange. Once this final release is produced, there will be no more BTS trucks produced.

Last edited:

7amada

Reaction score
No, you didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just the nature of the Built To Serve Package.

The Built to Serves are a limited edition. When all said and done, Ram will have offered five releases for each branch of the armed forces. The number of units produced per color, per release varies, but it’s been about 1,000 units each.

Ram has done one release at a time, and once the total number of units of that release are produced, that is it. The colors aren’t available anymore.

So in the case of the Ceramic Gray (Summer 2020 release) and Anvil (Fall 2020 release), all of those trucks have been produced and BTS trucks in those colors will not be made again.

Ram is currently on the fifth, and final, release of the BTS lineup. The final release is for the Coast Guard and includes the colors Bright White and Spitfire Orange. Once this final release is produced, there will be no more BTS trucks produced.
What about this VIN.

It is built to serve, in anvil and is 2021
  • 1C6SRFFT4MN562373

Users who are viewing this thread