5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased OBDLinkMX+, Security Bypass cable, Amazon Fire TV 10HD and AlfaOBD to reset my TPMS

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced my tires, wheels and TPMS sensors. The tire shop did the necessary protocols to set the TPMS settings with their TPMS tools and told me to drive it around and it should automatically sync. But it's been almost weeks and still have the error in my instrument panel. I tried updating the "Pressure Threshold" using the AlfaOBD several times with different psi settings each time its states the procedure is completed. I recycled the ignition three times each time but to no avail. I've changed the tire size without any issues to 35s now my speedometer reads pretty close to the GPS speed.

I'm going back to the tire place I bought the tires from and have them reprogram the TPMS sensor but this time I will have them plug their TPMS tools to the Security Bypass cable. I'm running out of ideas. Looks like I may have to resort to dealership or just delete the stupid TPMS off the the system using the AlfaOBD software.Wiah me luck.

v/r

Rick

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 22

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced my tires, wheels and TPMS sensors. The tire shop did the necessary protocols to set the TPMS settings with their TPMS tools and told me to drive it around and it should automatically sync. But it's been almost weeks and still have the error in my instrument panel. I tried updating the "Pressure Threshold" using the AlfaOBD several times with different psi settings each time its states the procedure is completed. I recycled the ignition three times each time but to no avail. I've changed the tire size without any issues to 35s now my speedometer reads pretty close to the GPS speed.

I'm going back to the tire place I bought the tires from and have them reprogram the TPMS sensor but this time I will have them plug their TPMS tools to the Security Bypass cable. I'm running out of ideas. Looks like I may have to resort to dealership or just delete the stupid TPMS off the the system using the AlfaOBD software.Wiah me luck.

v/r

Rick
Maybe have the tire shop install compatible sensors. The truck should automatically detect them after driving a few miles. No special tools required

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe have the tire shop install compatible sensors. The truck should automatically detect them after driving a few miles. No special tools required
That's what I was told that it should automatically detect the sensors. I'm going back Monday to have them replace them.

v/r

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went back to the tire shop with the gateway bypass cable installed. The tech guy did his thing with their TPMS tool, reset everything, cleared whatever error and he told me he did everything they normally do and it should work. On my way home the TPMS warning light is gone tire pressure is still blank I thought maybe if I drive around a little longer it will register something. I was almost home and the TPMS warning light came on again. Back to the drawing board. Looks like a trip to the dealership is inevitable.

When I got home, I tried resetting the RFHUB using the Alfaobd with the gateway bypass cable but it was asking for a 5 digit code instead of the 4 digit code. Looks like AlfaOBD is not setup to unlock a 5 digit code yet. I was able to change my tire size so Alfa OBD is not a waste investment. So info for everyone 2021 and above requires a 5 digit code to reset the RFHUB.

v/r

Rick

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went back to the tire shop with the gateway bypass cable installed. The tech guy did his thing with their TPMS tool, reset everything, cleared whatever error and he told me he did everything they normally do and it should work. On my way home the TPMS warning light is gone tire pressure is still blank I thought maybe if I drive around a little longer it will register something. I was almost home and the TPMS warning light came on again. Back to the drawing board. Looks like a trip to the dealership is inevitable.

When I got home, I tried resetting the RFHUB using the Alfaobd with the gateway bypass cable but it was asking for a 5 digit code instead of the 4 digit code. Looks like AlfaOBD is not setup to unlock a 5 digit code yet. I was able to change my tire size so Alfa OBD is not a waste investment. So info for everyone 2021 and above requires a 5 digit code to reset the RFHUB.

v/r

Rick
I'd still be pushing the tire shop to replace the TPMS sensors. They were working when you initially dropped it off for new tires. So the system is good. Only thing that changed was the aftermarket sensors they installed. You are wasting a lot of time/money on their incompetence

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd still be pushing the tire shop to replace the TPMS sensors. They were working when you initially dropped it off for new tires. So the system is good. Only thing that changed was the aftermarket sensors they installed. You are wasting a lot of time/money on their incompetence
You're right! But they did asked me to order the mopar brand TPMS sensor, he said he will install it and reimburse me for the TPMS sensor they sold me originally. They are doing the best they can. So, I'll give them one more try. I found a Mopar brand TPMS on Bay it should be here soon then I'll take it back to them again. I'm such a nice guy. LOL HSKR R/T, thanks for your help.

v/r

Rick

moparleo51

Reaction score
just make sure there the right frequency, i believe on our rams certain years have a different one. i think some have 433mh and there 315mh or something like that

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just make sure there the right frequency, i believe on our rams certain years have a different one. i think some have 433mh and there 315mh or something like that
I'll ask them what frequency when I go back to have them install the TPMS sensors I bought from eBay. It's on its way. Thanks!

v/r

Rick

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got my TPMS issue fixed!! This is what fixed my issue, 4 each "GENUINE OEM MOPAR # 68293199AA-AB FOR DODGE RAM 1500 DT 2019-22 TPMS SENSOR" I bought from Ebay. I went back to the tire shop I bought my wheels and tires from and have them replaced the TPMS sensors they sold me. Voila, I didn't even have to use my OBDLinkMX+.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got my TPMS issue fixed!! This is what fixed my issue, 4 each "GENUINE OEM MOPAR # 68293199AA-AB FOR DODGE RAM 1500 DT 2019-22 TPMS SENSOR" I bought from Ebay. I went back to the tire shop I bought my wheels and tires from and have them replaced the TPMS sensors they sold me. Voila, I didn't even have to use my OBDLinkMX+.
Did they give you a re fund in the crappy sensors they sold you?

Users who are viewing this thread