5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased OBDLinkMX+, Security Bypass cable, Amazon Fire TV 10HD and AlfaOBD to reset my TPMS

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced my tires, wheels and TPMS sensors. The tire shop did the necessary protocols to set the TPMS settings with their TPMS tools and told me to drive it around and it should automatically sync. But it's been almost weeks and still have the error in my instrument panel. I tried updating the "Pressure Threshold" using the AlfaOBD several times with different psi settings each time its states the procedure is completed. I recycled the ignition three times each time but to no avail. I've changed the tire size without any issues to 35s now my speedometer reads pretty close to the GPS speed.

I'm going back to the tire place I bought the tires from and have them reprogram the TPMS sensor but this time I will have them plug their TPMS tools to the Security Bypass cable. I'm running out of ideas. Looks like I may have to resort to dealership or just delete the stupid TPMS off the the system using the AlfaOBD software.Wiah me luck.

v/r

Rick

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 12

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced my tires, wheels and TPMS sensors. The tire shop did the necessary protocols to set the TPMS settings with their TPMS tools and told me to drive it around and it should automatically sync. But it's been almost weeks and still have the error in my instrument panel. I tried updating the "Pressure Threshold" using the AlfaOBD several times with different psi settings each time its states the procedure is completed. I recycled the ignition three times each time but to no avail. I've changed the tire size without any issues to 35s now my speedometer reads pretty close to the GPS speed.

I'm going back to the tire place I bought the tires from and have them reprogram the TPMS sensor but this time I will have them plug their TPMS tools to the Security Bypass cable. I'm running out of ideas. Looks like I may have to resort to dealership or just delete the stupid TPMS off the the system using the AlfaOBD software.Wiah me luck.

v/r

Rick
Maybe have the tire shop install compatible sensors. The truck should automatically detect them after driving a few miles. No special tools required

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe have the tire shop install compatible sensors. The truck should automatically detect them after driving a few miles. No special tools required
That's what I was told that it should automatically detect the sensors. I'm going back Monday to have them replace them.

v/r

Users who are viewing this thread