5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased a Pearl White 2019 2500, don’t know how I feel about the color.

Brandon966

Reaction score
I picked up a new 2019 Ram 2500 LARAMIE 8ft Cummins from a dealer in NC yesterday. We have been dealing with the dealer for a week to buy the truck a few hours away based on the internet pictures.

In the pictures the truck looks Snow White and really sharp looking, but I knew it was a pearl white color. When we picked the truck up it was cloudy and the color was really “off” looking, way more of a cream than white.

What does everyone think of this color? I love it in the sun, more so than normal white. But in certain lighting the pearl white just does not look good. Obviously the truck is mine at this point, but it is a little disheartening to spend this money on a truck that the color isn’t good looking some of the time.

Attachments

• 479BA8AE-5A1C-4B40-B240-CFFD6EBDA429.jpeg
    479BA8AE-5A1C-4B40-B240-CFFD6EBDA429.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 179

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The BMW that I had prior to buying my Patriot blue 1500 was mineral metallic white, indeed a much better looking color than plain white.
I still hated how it looked so dirty so quickly but I enjoyed the car, I will never willingly buy a white vehicle again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
My last 11-12 trucks were white or silver. I always buy the pearl, diamond or whatever they call it in the white. Looks more refined to me. Nice color!

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
It looks good to me. I know what you mean about the pearl color during that particular time of the day but when the light hits it right it stands out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pearl white looks fine to me. I've only owned two white vehicles in 50 years of buying cars. I usually choose some other color but not because I dislike white. I just want something different. Be sure to check out our companion website, HDRams.com.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The pearl looks better than a stark white to us, but then the ivory exterior is what she wanted as her 1st choice. Also theres not as many of that color out there as compared to steel gray or even black.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I think the pearl looks beautiful and much better than a pure white IMO.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same color. Previous truck was black. I find the pearl white to be very forgiving when it comes to being dirty. My truck can be filthy and still look cleaner than my back raptor did 1 day after washing. And the color definitely looks outstanding in sunlight.

silver billet

Reaction score
Give yourself time to adjust to it, it might grow on you.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
We have a '19 F350 Platinum dually in metallic white that I have home this weekend. It is embarassingly dirty sitting in my driveway...But you really cannot tell unless you are standing right next to it.
I do like the metallic white, but I like the frost/indigo interior better and (imho) do not think they look good together.

rah6887

Reaction score
I've always purchased black or silver when buying new, decided to go with white (not pearl) and I love it, maybe because I'm not used to it.
Maybe it'll grow on you....

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pearl white was my first choice but sadly none were available at my dealership so I’m stuck with black yet again. I think the pearl looks outstanding.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up a new 2019 Ram 2500 LARAMIE 8ft Cummins from a dealer in NC yesterday. We have been dealing with the dealer for a week to buy the truck a few hours away based on the internet pictures.

In the pictures the truck looks Snow White and really sharp looking, but I knew it was a pearl white color. When we picked the truck up it was cloudy and the color was really “off” looking, way more of a cream than white.

What does everyone think of this color? I love it in the sun, more so than normal white. But in certain lighting the pearl white just does not look good. Obviously the truck is mine at this point, but it is a little disheartening to spend this money on a truck that the color isn’t good looking some of the time.
Really like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread