5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar

Odis814

Reaction score
Anyone try the Pulsar yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooliman

Reaction score
Hopefully tomorrow when it’s delivered! I have high hopes.

Agitated

Reaction score
Is any pulsar user able to say if a higher octane fuel is required in the more powerful settings? I would expect that to take advantage of any advanced timing it would need 93 octane but cant find any info on this

Odis814

Reaction score
Is any pulsar user able to say if a higher octane fuel is required in the more powerful settings? I would expect that to take advantage of any advanced timing it would need 93 octane but cant find any info on this

It says you can use 89, but they recommend you use 91 or higher.

Odis814

Reaction score
Thanks! Whats your experience so far? Mine should be here next week.

I only took one short ride. The Performance tune is a very noticeable difference. Actually ever tune you can tell a big difference. I was getting on the highway and hit 100 before I got off the ramp in performance.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does this void your warranty? And what exactly does it do?

Odis814

Reaction score

I’ve heard yes and no. I’ll probably take it out when I take it in for maintenance. Took 5 minutes to put it in.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve heard yes and no. I’ll probably take it out when I take it in for maintenance. Took 5 minutes to put it in.

Wouldn’t a diagnostic test show something was adjusted?

Odis814

Reaction score
Wouldn’t a diagnostic test show something was adjusted?

I believe everything returns to stock setting when you pull the unit off.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe everything returns to stock setting when you pull the unit off.

I agree that it does go back to stock setting but what I’m saying is when Ram runs a diagnostic test, wouldn’t it show something was modified in back logs?

Odis814

Reaction score
I agree that it does go back to stock setting but what I’m saying is when Ram runs a diagnostic test, wouldn’t it show something was modified in back logs?

I’m not sure.

grinch72

Reaction score

It needs 91 octane for Performance mode

grinch72

Reaction score

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. Key word in the law is PROVE. If they can't definitely prove the aftermarket part caused the issue then they cannot deny your warranty claim.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. Key word in the law is PROVE. If they can't definitely prove the aftermarket part caused the issue then they cannot deny your warranty claim.

I’m well aware of that but thanks for clarifying for others. Doesn’t change that fact that they can still deny you and just have you take it to court. Which most will not do seeing as how much it will cost them. But yes, laws are laws. Doesn’t mean people/companies don’t break them and put others in a long hard fight. Would I want to go through all the hassle, no. But it is what it is.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Exactly. They can deny servicing your vehicle. Go spend some time on diesel forums. I would imagine the manufacturer is going to have a problem with an aftermarket product that changes factory settings for performance. Basically a tuner. You may have a good dealer that doesnt care, but plain and simple they can deny you service. I cannot imagine they cannot go in and see that things were changed. Why / how would this be different than a handheld tuner? It seems like a great product and im all for it. But dont fool yourself and think ram will have no problems with it. Just my $.02

Agitated

Reaction score
This module does not reflash the PCM. It piggybacks onto the PCM and intercepts input and output signals. So when removed there is no trace of it being there. It doesn't "return" to stock because the PCM was always stock and unmodified. The only way for Ram to know is for the Pulsar to still be installed when running the diagnostic test. This is how it was explained to me.

Users who are viewing this thread