5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar on a 2020+

RLee276

Reaction score
Also, you should have had to hold down the left arrow and then the cruise cancel button to bring up the menu, and then the cruise up/down to scroll through menu to get to light show to turn on. , unless you enabled shortcuts for the lightshow. But it doesn't sound like that would be the case if you don't care about the lightshow.
Sounds like previous owner must have enabled lightshow in motion, and shortcuts for the lightshow as well
Mine did the same thing as his and even a little more. Every time I would change setting by pressing the set + or minus. And I did enable light L’s in motion. But I have not remapped any buttons and and I also didn’t hold the left arrow.

And same happens when I do try to adjust tazer settings. When holding the left arrow and if I touch set plus or minus pulsar chafes power and tazer flakes out and does something weird the. Gets stuck on updating screen. Then I have to toggle out of audio screen the. Back.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up pulling my tazer because every time I’d change power setting on the pulsar the light show would start and after I’d end it. The tazer would saying updating and get stuck there.
And some times it would turn on the fan or ask me if I want to enter dark mode. Really annoying.
On the other hand… I got a basically brand new tazer DT if anyone is interested for a good price. Least say almost half price. My email is [email protected] if anyone is interested.
Need to turn off the hot key for your TazerDT. Either you unintentionally did it's or if it was a used ones previous owner set it up for one push activation for the light show. My current TazerDT I got used and previous owner did that. Had to unprogram the hot keys so my Pulsar would work. When it shows "updating" that's actually the Pulsar resetting. Mine would default to stock tune when that happened and had to power cycle to get it back. Pulsar and TazerDT stopped supporting each other. You have to have cruise control on to use TazerDT with the Pulsar installed.

RLee276

Reaction score
Need to turn off the hot key for your TazerDT. Either you unintentionally did it's or if it was a used ones previous owner set it up for one push activation for the light show. My current TazerDT I got used and previous owner did that. Had to unprogram the hot keys so my Pulsar would work. When it shows "updating" that's actually the Pulsar resetting. Mine would default to stock tune when that happened and had to power cycle to get it back. Pulsar and TazerDT stopped supporting each other. You have to have cruise control on to use TazerDT with the Pulsar installed.
I may pull up the tazer manual and refresh my memory on setting up hot keys and check.
I didn’t unmarry the tazer. I just unplugged it and my pulsar has been working correctly

I’m willing to give it a shot because I do enjoy some of the live functions.

Now I’m having issues with the trinity 2 mx monitor that I bought paired with the pulsar.

It freezes constantly and some times it just starts repeatedly going from bright to dim and it won’t let me push the on screen arrow up or down to change the power setting on the pulsar like it used to. I guess I’m gonna have to break down and call customer support. Because if it’s gonna be like this I want my money back. For that part of it.

RLee276

Reaction score
Do you have tazer and pulsar installed currently? Just wondering why you are so positive that it’s a programmed one touch key on the tazer. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I could have very well set that up and don’t remember

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have tazer and pulsar installed currently? Just wondering why you are so positive that it’s a programmed one touch key on the tazer. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I could have very well set that up and don’t remember
Yes, I have had a Pulsar/Tazer combo for over two years. When I first got my Pulsar they played well together, and Z-automotive actually supported comparability with the Pulsar. Z-automotive no longer supports compatibility, but they can still work together is done properly.

I broke my TazerDT last year when I removed it for a dealer visit and forgot about it on the bedrail of my other truck, so it got ran over. I bought a used TazerDT off the forums, and previous owner had programmed the shortcuts form light show. It didn't work with the Pulsar, and caused issues. I had to disable the short cut on the TazerDT in order to be able to do anything with the Pulsar.

RLee276

Reaction score
Yes, I have had a Pulsar/Tazer combo for over two years. When I first got my Pulsar they played well together, and Z-automotive actually supported comparability with the Pulsar. Z-automotive no longer supports compatibility, but they can still work together is done properly.

I broke my TazerDT last year when I removed it for a dealer visit and forgot about it on the bedrail of my other truck, so it got ran over. I bought a used TazerDT off the forums, and previous owner had programmed the shortcuts form light show. It didn't work with the Pulsar, and caused issues. I had to disable the short cut on the TazerDT in order to be able to do anything with the Pulsar.
I just removed my pulsar and plan on returning it. I enjoyed it when it was working but every other day my truck would randomly shut off and wouldn’t start again until I removed and reconnected the ground off the battery.

I’m gonna try my luck with the Trinity 2 platinum and modified pcm.

jzinckgra

Reaction score
I bought my 2021 used with 7000mi from a land rover dealer 2yrs ago. It has Borla exhaust and veraram CAI. Last night I got new tires put on the tech asked me if I knew I had a tuner onboard. He has a 2017 and knew I had one when he was under the hood. I said "no, i had no idea". I've never seen anything on the dash to indicate I had it but when I got home and looked at the pulsar instructions, sure enough I had it. Looks like it might have been in Performance mode all along and I've been running 87 octane. Whoops. I switched to Econ mod with MDS off and it's much more tame, but not as fun.

Kinda a stupid question, but after setting the tire size, what does the axle ratio have to do with anything? My truck has 3.21, so how does changing the pulsar settings impact that or does it have something to do with something else? Never had a tuner before.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my 2021 used with 7000mi from a land rover dealer 2yrs ago. It has Borla exhaust and veraram CAI. Last night I got new tires put on the tech asked me if I knew I had a tuner onboard. He has a 2017 and knew I had one when he was under the hood. I said "no, i had no idea". I've never seen anything on the dash to indicate I had it but when I got home and looked at the pulsar instructions, sure enough I had it. Looks like it might have been in Performance mode all along and I've been running 87 octane. Whoops. I switched to Econ mod with MDS off and it's much more tame, but not as fun.

Kinda a stupid question, but after setting the tire size, what does the axle ratio have to do with anything? My truck has 3.21, so how does changing the pulsar settings impact that or does it have something to do with something else? Never had a tuner before.
Pulsar isn't technically a tuner. It's a piggy back "chip" that allows shift on the fly levels of performance. But it doesn't allow tuning. Using it to set tire size is no different than using any other method of changing the tire size. It just updates the BCM. No need to mess with axle ratio

Users who are viewing this thread