5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar inline - Ram Warranty void?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You obviously didn't read the whole story, and insurance won't cover damaged caused at an off-road park.
Right water intrusion due to abuse(or in your story off road-park) is for sure covered my bad.....

Why would anyone admit they were in a off-road park?

You ever wonder why dealerships don't trust some customers?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right water intrusion due to abuse(or in your story off road-park) is for sure covered my bad.....

Why would anyone admit they were in a off-road park?

You ever wonder why dealerships don't trust some customers?
The PCM connectors are supposed to be weather proof and there shouldn't have been moisture/water inside, which is why it became a warranty covered repair. Nobody lied about where he was at. And then make a comment wondering why dealers do t trust customers, when nobody was trying to pull one over in the dealer.

nitmik

Reaction score
Calling the dealer is pointless. Who knows what clown will answer and what that clown will tell you. If you do have a problem down the road, are you going tell the next clown that clowns #1 said it was ok? They won’t put anything in writing and the scale will slide in whatever direction they want regardless of what you were told.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The PCM connectors are supposed to be weather proof and there shouldn't have been moisture/water inside, which is why it became a warranty covered repair. Nobody lied about where he was at. And then make a comment wondering why dealers do t trust customers, when nobody was trying to pull one over in the dealer.
Right, ok. It must be true that water in the PCM connector caused water to be ingested causing an engine failure.

Oh OK, by removing a programmer isn't pulling one over on a dealer. Makes sense now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right, ok. It must be true that water in the PCM connector caused water to be ingested causing an engine failure.

Oh OK, by removing a programmer isn't pulling one over on a dealer. Makes sense now.
Just stop, you have no clue what happened with my friends truck. Not going to argue with you about something you have zero clue about

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just stop, you have no clue what happened with my friends truck. Not going to argue with you about something you have zero clue about
I'm glad you clarified that you are an honest customer with your local dealership and would never hide something to better yourself. 😉

He sucked in some water, hydro locked his engine and broke a rod.
You explained it all right there.....

lapoolboy

Reaction score
So, any of you with a Pulsar who are scared of the dealer want to sell it to me?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So, any of you with a Pulsar who are scared of the dealer want to sell it to me?
I'm scared of the dealer, but it's got nothing to do with anything on or in my truck

There have been a few pretty cheap in the for sale section lately.
In fact there are 2 currently for sale there, 400ish each.

tomme12

Reaction score
Wow, lively place here! :) I was trying to research a way to wake up this Hemi and I thought the Pulsar looked like some fun to have. I get the dealer could say tough crap, you are voided I suppose. I wasnt sure where the fine line in voiding warranty was and waking the Hemi up a bit. Exhaust and intake I assume is fine.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow, lively place here! :) I was trying to research a way to wake up this Hemi and I thought the Pulsar looked like some fun to have. I get the dealer could say tough crap, you are voided I suppose. I wasnt sure where the fine line in voiding warranty was and waking the Hemi up a bit. Exhaust and intake I assume is fine.
They can void your warranty with an intake also.

A dealership can do whatever they want legal or not, until you take them to court.

You break it you buy it, it breaks by itself? covered.

There are a bunch of people here that are paranoid.

Get the Pulsar if you want the features and don't put a second thought into it if that's what you want. Not gonna void your warranty.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It all comes down to the dealer/dealer tech. You will find dealerships that will install programmers and even delete diesels with zero concerns. Issues come when you end up at a different dealership for a repair.

I would bet most dealers/advisors/techs have zero clue how to get warranty restricted.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It all comes down to the dealer/dealer tech. You will find dealerships that will install programmers and even delete diesels with zero concerns. Issues come when you end up at a different dealership for a repair.

I would bet most dealers/advisors/techs have zero clue how to get warranty restricted.
That's because dealer techs aren't the ones denying or restricting the warranty repairs. Ram/Stalintis corporate makes that decision based on the info provided by the dealerships when submitting warranty claims. If they say there was an aftermarket programmer or piggy back module installed, that's a red flag.

And I highly doubt there are any dealerships doing DEG deletes in diesels. That's federal crime and they are cracking down on shops and tuners with huge fines. No dealership will risk that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Exhaust and I take won't wake up your truck any. They will just make it sound better. You want a sportier feel when driving the throttle controllers are your best bet to stay safe and no worry about warranty issues. The Pulsar is the best thing you can do short of a custom tune with an unlocked PCM. Nothing it does should cause any issues to damage the drivetrain, but the presence of it, if not removed before dealer visits, can be a red flag for warranty issues with the engine/transmission.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's because dealer techs aren't the ones denying or restricting the warranty repairs.
Dealer techs are the ones reporting back to advisors, warranty administrators, and managers. How do you know how the system for Stellantis warranty restrictions work? You must be tied to service or warranty in some way.

There are plenty of Dealerships and repair facilities that will install programmers. You assume all dealerships are the same.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So many mixed messages from the manufacturer. My RAM AirFlow CAI specifically said this:

073D6D2D-26A5-47D3-9CA4-D35168CA475C.jpeg
Yet these are installed from the factory on G/T’s. My question is since I was warned it’s for track or off road use only will they decline my warranty if I have engine problems? Since I installed it myself and didn’t have the dealer service dept do it would they have issues with that? Obviously that’s riduculous but you get my point. Bullcrap like this happens all the time. All depends on the mood of the service department you use.

Users who are viewing this thread