5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar in he rebel

andyc16

Reaction score
I've looked at it a little, it's not detectable by the dealer right?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

mustard54

Reaction score
Man it makes a difference , holy crap like a different truck ,.. love this mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Added one to my 2019 Rebel and have it Performance with MDS off and it is a different truck. The throttle is so touchy and responsive. It is really a whole new truck. Just remember to put mid grade gas in it as well in that mode.

Bambikiller

Reaction score
Added one to my 2019 Rebel and have it Performance with MDS off and it is a different truck. The throttle is so touchy and responsive. It is really a whole new truck. Just remember to put mid grade gas in it as well in that mode.

Will do

w69dy

Reaction score
Ive had several pulsars (5 to be exact) in my 19 rebel and all over them have crapped the bed after 1-2 weeks or sooner. Throwing every which code possible. Ive reached out to diablo sports and they tried to fix the issue but they cant. So they are upgrading me to the unlocked PCM and intune I3 platinum. Hoping this works!

mustard54

Reaction score
Ive had several pulsars (5 to be exact) in my 19 rebel and all over them have crapped the bed after 1-2 weeks or sooner. Throwing every which code possible. Ive reached out to diablo sports and they tried to fix the issue but they cant. So they are upgrading me to the unlocked PCM and intune I3 platinum. Hoping this works!

Keep us posted. I have the edge pulsar in my Rebel and knock on wood no issues to date. It’s been less then a month. Hoping you get fixed up soon.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I have the pedal commander and even that states you should remove it before dropping it off at the dealer. Its a guarantee that if you get a code on ur truck that relates to performance of the truck. The dealer will see you have a tuner. With that said they still have to prove that the tuner is directly related to the failure or issues to not warranty the problem. Don't fool yourselves into thinking they would never know. With all that said. I bought my 07 stang brand new. After the first 6 Months I had it tuned. Once i caught the bug of modding. It didn't stop. I didnt care about the warranty. I had it supercharged, cammed, geared, with many other mods. So clearly I know the love of better performance. My car now lays down 540Torque and runs 10.9 in the 1/4. Still street worthy.

Bambikiller

Reaction score
I have the pedal commander and even that states you should remove it before dropping it off at the dealer. Its a guarantee that if you get a code on ur truck that relates to performance of the truck. The dealer will see you have a tuner. With that said they still have to prove that the tuner is directly related to the failure or issues to not warranty the problem. Don't fool yourselves into thinking they would never know. With all that said. I bought my 07 stang brand new. After the first 6 Months I had it tuned. Once i caught the bug of modding. It didn't stop. I didnt care about the warranty. I had it supercharged, cammed, geared, with many other mods. So clearly I know the love of better performance. My car now lays down 540Torque and runs 10.9 in the 1/4. Still street worthy.

Well your aren’t correct about the pulsar , they can’t tell it was their if you remove it before taking it in , my buddies a mech their , so you are half right tho

edgarrian

Reaction score
Well your aren’t correct about the pulsar , they can’t tell it was their if you remove it before taking it in , my buddies a mech their , so you are half right tho

If you leave the pulsar in the truck the dealer would know. You take it out and put the stock version back in. I believe they cannot detect it since the PCM hasn't been reflashed as is done with a hand held tuner. My thought is who in the hell is gonna take the time to remove it.? Not to mention if you were to have issues with performance and your truck needed to go to the dealer. They are going to pull what the computer saves and it wouldn't be hard to determine if it was in stock form or altered in anyway. It also depends how cool your dealer is. Some don't care and others do.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man it makes a difference , holy crap like a different truck ,.. love this mod

Yep. Like a whole other truck in Performance mode. There's a video floating around on here where a couple did before and after dyno pulls and the Pulsar in Performance mode did add extra HP. I want to remember around 30- 35. So it does more than just increase throttle response. The AFE Magnum CAI and the Pulsar were two of my first mods.

Bambikiller

Reaction score
If you leave the pulsar in the truck the dealer would know. You take it out and put the stock version back in. I believe they cannot detect it since the PCM hasn't been reflashed as is done with a hand held tuner. My thought is who in the hell is gonna take the time to remove it.? Not to mention if you were to have issues with performance and your truck needed to go to the dealer. They are going to pull what the computer saves and it wouldn't be hard to determine if it was in stock form or altered in anyway. It also depends how cool your dealer is. Some don't care and others do.

I’ll just remove it if it needs to go in takes 5 minutes . I always have tools under the back seat for emergency purposes anyways

edgarrian

Reaction score
I’ll just remove it if it needs to go in takes 5 minutes . I always have tools under the back seat for emergency purposes anyways

My short *** needs a ladder to get in the engine bay. Heck I need one just to check oil. I bought a cheap step stool from menards that I leave in the back since I always have my back seats up.

Users who are viewing this thread