5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar 32453 on 2022 Ram DT eTorque

Gnix

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I found a Pulsar 32453 on Facebook marketplace and just wondering if anyone has experience this unit with a 2022 with e torque?

I’ve searched up posts back in 2019 stating it doesn’t work on 2020s… or it’s just tossing a bunch of codes..

Ears open for any other tuning suggestions as well!

Thanks for the help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update for anyone that’s looking to get edge pulsar, I will NOT recommend you to get one.

Obvious I did my research before moving forward with pulsar and I took the risk lol.

After 11 days in. The Christmas light finally hit me just now. The truck threw a bunch of lights on me and it was accelerating by itself. Luckily I wasn’t on a highway or anything. I drove it for another km or so and restarted my truck. Now the engine light is on.

Should I update my pulsar now or toss it away?

Much appreciated for your opinions thanks!
What was the codes it gave you for the check engine light? Without knowing those, you don't really know what was going on.

Also, make sure you got the bonding wire reattached to the PCM case. The only time I ever had an issue with my truck, from the Pulsar, it lost throttle control, but that was from a stop light. Would not accelerate. When I removed the Pulsar to take it to dealer, because it was fixing me a cam sync failure, I discovered tht I had forgot to reconnect that the last time I installed the Pulsar. Got it back from dealer, they said they didn't find anything wrong, put Pulsar back in, with the bonding wire attached, and not a single issue since. Been over two years

Gnix

Reaction score
It lit up like 4-5 lights.
-Electronic throttle
-Traction
-AEB
-Engine
I can’t remember what else cause I was driving. I just stopped in a plaza to restart and only engine light was on.

It was accelerating by itself lol…

Reaction score
i don't know but the "petal commander" brand is known for putting you into limp mode. they are trash! the only one i would even consider using is the banks petal monster.

Gnix

Reaction score
I’ve had pedal commander for 7 months now. Not giving me any issue other than app lag.

The pulsar I had it on for 11 days with no issue until today.. Perf or Perf MDS OFF + PC on City 2

Unhooked it. Man just different now…

Reaction score
I’ve had pedal commander for 7 months now. Not giving me any issue other than app lag.

The pulsar I had it on for 11 days with no issue until today.. Perf or Perf MDS OFF + PC on City 2

Unhooked it. Man just different now…
not the same but i had a throttle controller on my camaro ss and more than once it caused my tract abs chk eng light to come on at the same time. the car would go into limp mode fall slap on it's face not go over 45 till i removed the device on the side of the road. so i got rid of it. after watching the comparison (really there is no compo) i would install 1 again but only the Banks. i do have the Pulsar on my truck i paid 600 USD and it's trouble free. maybe i'm just old but it's a truck not a race car i don't see a need for both. if you want to run both more power to you. i played around with the Pulsar settings but for the most part i leave it on stock or economy with the MDS on. i kinda think i would have been 400 dollars richer and just as happy or more with the Petal Monster.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
not the same but i had a throttle controller on my camaro ss and more than once it caused my tract abs chk eng light to come on at the same time. the car would go into limp mode fall slap on it's face not go over 45 till i removed the device on the side of the road. so i got rid of it. after watching the comparison (really there is no compo) i would install 1 again but only the Banks. i do have the Pulsar on my truck i paid 600 USD and it's trouble free. maybe i'm just old but it's a truck not a race car i don't see a need for both. if you want to run both more power to you. i played around with the Pulsar settings but for the most part i leave it on stock or economy with the MDS on. i kinda think i would have been 400 dollars richer and just as happy or more with the Petal Monster.
There is no comparison between the Pulsar and a Pedal Commander/Monster. Not the samething at all. I've had both, and only run the Pulsar.

Gnix

Reaction score
I would have to admit Pulsar > PC or PM lol couple days without it and it’s totally different.

Reached out to edge pulsar. They told me to ship the unit back for repair/replacement. Hopefully I get some good news from them

HemiDude

Reaction score
I would have to admit Pulsar > PC or PM lol couple days without it and it’s totally different.

Reached out to edge pulsar. They told me to ship the unit back for repair/replacement. Hopefully I get some good news from them
Hopefully Edge can get that working correctly for you. I had the Pulsar on my '20 Ram and it was great, don't recall having any issues with it. It's a shame all it takes is a simple add-on product to make a Hemi run like it should have from the factory.

Reaction score
i drive the same way to work every week. did a test i just ran on stock setting for a week switched to economy for a week. it looks like it picked up 2mpg. ???? i could be crazy it seems like the pulsar changes the shift points ,turns on eco mode a litter more and shifts in 8th sooner. i guess i could just ask edge if that's what is happening.

Gnix

Reaction score
Well. Good news. Paid $45 for shipping and I got my unit back today. They told me something was wrong with one of the system software and cannot be updated. Gave me a replacement unit(old one obviously) So far so good.

Edit: Always keep your wrenches in your truck! Lol

Last edited:

Gnix

Reaction score
Gets me thinking if it’s the ETorque that’s causing the lights.. I had the first one sent back and got my replacement. It was great with PC (city 2)

Sigh. Let’s see what edge pulsar has to say..

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gets me thinking if it’s the ETorque that’s causing the lights.. I had the first one sent back and got my replacement. It was great with PC (city 2)

Have you tried running it without the PC?
The PC may be your issue.

vincentw56

Reaction score

I have eTorque and it runs perfectly. Not even sure why the eTorque would or could have anything to do with it.

Gnix

Reaction score
No I have not tried running without PC. Although some members state PC was giving them an issue, it hasn’t happen to me yet. But I will definitely try it.

The codes were better this time;
Start/stop
Electronic throttle response
Engine light.

It didn’t throw my truck all crazy like last time. But definitely felt the truck being really heavy and hard to accelerate.

I have my unit unhooked and reached out to edge. They’ve told me they will reimburse my shipping fee since it’s been a short period of time since it happened again…

Vincent has both hooked on and with etorque and apparently no issues whatsoever

vincentw56

Reaction score
No I have not tried running without PC. Although some members state PC was giving them an issue, it hasn’t happen to me yet. But I will definitely try it.

The codes were better this time;
Start/stop
Electronic throttle response
Engine light.

It didn’t throw my truck all crazy like last time. But definitely felt the truck being really heavy and hard to accelerate.

I have my unit unhooked and reached out to edge. They’ve told me they will reimburse my shipping fee since it’s been a short period of time since it happened again…

Vincent has both hooked on and with etorque and apparently no issues whatsoever
I don't run PC with it. I don't see a need when the Pulsar is enough.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you have the bonding wire for the PCM connected. Think I've menythat before. The o my time my Pulsar ever threw a code and cause any issues, I had forgot to put that back to the PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread