5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar 32453 on 2022 Ram DT eTorque

Gnix

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I found a Pulsar 32453 on Facebook marketplace and just wondering if anyone has experience this unit with a 2022 with e torque?

I’ve searched up posts back in 2019 stating it doesn’t work on 2020s… or it’s just tossing a bunch of codes..

Ears open for any other tuning suggestions as well!

Thanks for the help!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I found a Pulsar 32453 on Facebook marketplace and just wondering if anyone has experience this unit with a 2022 with e torque?

I’ve searched up posts back in 2019 stating it doesn’t work on 2020s… or it’s just tossing a bunch of codes..

Thanks for the help!
I have a 2020 with eTorque and it works perfectly fine. Been using it for over a year with no issues.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Thanks for the help!
Best bet would be tm reach out to Edge and ask their customer support

Gnix

Reaction score
True. I should do that

But,

The unit is used. $250 CAD. Seller sold his ram for ford. As he stated, there was no error codes but digging deeper it worried me with the codes and limps lol.

Trying to get something that’s plug and play so it doesn’t void my warranty.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
True. I should do that

But,

The unit is used. $250 CAD. Seller sold his ram for ford. As he stated, there was no error codes but digging deeper it worried me with the codes and limps lol.

Trying to get something that’s plug and play so it doesn’t void my warranty.
It's plug and play. But only Edge can tell you if it's compatible. Might need to be updated it anything. Which requires an OBD2 USB update cable and a computer. Or send it into Edge.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. And it’s one expensive cable lol. Checked on their site. It’ll cost me over 140$ CAD. Shipping fee cost more than the cable itself.
Yeah, I haven't bought the cable myself due to cost. I got mine used as well, but the seller had sent it back to Edge and had it updated to latest firmware prior to selling. And it's been working good, so I haven't had a need to try and update it.

Gnix

Reaction score
Just got the Pulsar 32453 installed along with my pedal commander. Can’t really tell a big difference from just pedal commander lol.

So far no Christmas lights on my dash!

Unit is 3 years old, should I update it…?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Just got the Pulsar 32453 installed along with my pedal commander. Can’t really tell a big difference from just pedal commander lol.

So far no Christmas lights on my dash!

Unit is 3 years old, should I update it…?
Update the Pulsar? You'll need a special cable. I've done it once and it worked. Did again a year after, and it bricked it. Had to send it in. I will say, they have the best customer service. No questions asked and they sent me another one.

Gnix

Reaction score
Yes I have the OBD2 to USB cable.

And that’s what I’m afraid of. Since this was a used unit purchased from Facebook. Do you think they’ll honour a replacement?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Yes I have the OBD2 to USB cable.

And that’s what I’m afraid of. Since this was a used unit purchased from Facebook. Do you think they’ll honour a replacement?
Yes, don't even have to mention that. I bought mine used off here. They didn't even question it. The first replacement they sent me developed an issue, so they just sent me a brand new one and told me to return the other one whenever I could.

Gnix

Reaction score
Been running my Pulsar with PC on performance + Sport 0 Mode. Lots of fun :)

Update:
I just called Edge regarding the pulsar. I asked them if I should update this three year old unit and they told me as long it’s functioning I do NOT have to update.

I guess it just states they haven't made/update any firmwares….

Do not buy a OBD2 to USB cable, it’ll just be a waste of money.

I hope this info helps anyone who has the unit

Gnix

Reaction score
Update for anyone that’s looking to get edge pulsar, I will NOT recommend you to get one.

Obvious I did my research before moving forward with pulsar and I took the risk lol.

After 11 days in. The Christmas light finally hit me just now. The truck threw a bunch of lights on me and it was accelerating by itself. Luckily I wasn’t on a highway or anything. I drove it for another km or so and restarted my truck. Now the engine light is on.

Should I update my pulsar now or toss it away?

Much appreciated for your opinions thanks!

vincentw56

Reaction score
Update for anyone that’s looking to get edge pulsar, I will NOT recommend you to get one.

Obvious I did my research before moving forward with pulsar and I took the risk lol.

After 11 days in. The Christmas light finally hit me just now. The truck threw a bunch of lights on me and it was accelerating by itself. Luckily I wasn’t on a highway or anything. I drove it for another km or so and restarted my truck. Now the engine light is on.

Should I update my pulsar now or toss it away?

Much appreciated for your opinions thanks!
Send it to Edge to fix. They will fix it for free. I've ran mine for over a year or more with no issues except me bricking it while trying to update. They fixed it for free. You bought it used and that's the chance you take. Hardly a true recommendation for something that could have had issues and that's why they sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread