5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proximity warning when trailer hooked up - need help

jeffmc306

Reaction score
I am guilty of not reading the manual or having the salesman tell me all the features of the truck. The first time I put in my weight distribution hitch and tried to back up to the trailer the auto brake kicked in several times and I looked like an idiot to the trailer sales team. And I was several feet away. I told them I had no idea what the truck was doing and I was not hitting the brake that hard or at all. I reached down and clicked off the sensors then poof, it would not brake anymore. so I dug and found the setting and turned it off. Now when I back up to the trailer the sensor is beeping but when I plug in the trailer cord it automatically turns off the sensor, I dont have the blindspot feature. But the 4 pin on the smaller trailer beeps so the 7 pin will disable and turn on my trailer trip computer but not the 4 pin.
Derwoodjones, I also had success with the 7 pin connector disabling the sensor. Perhaps it’s a newer firmware version? I don’t have a 4 pin trailer to test with.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
Is there any way to wire the 4 pin light setup to a 7 pin round? I want trailer features and most importantly trailer trip information. My trailer currently does not have trailer brakes. Is there a way to wire a resistor in to trick truck computer?

Thanks.

Rich

Reaction score
Perhaps try a 7 to 4 pin adapter? You may have to add a resistor to the brake power line. I don't know if anyone tried it yet

Capitoljay

Reaction score
Just to wanted to let you know if you give the truck a few seconds, maybe 20 , it will recognize the trailer and turn off the assist automatically. It doesn't happen right away when turning the truck on, gotta give the computer a minute to register the trailer

Users who are viewing this thread