5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protective Paint Film and Ceramic Coating

beta379

Reaction score
I've decided on getting a clear bra / PPF, protective paint film, put on the front of my new truck. I've only had minor ones installed on previous vehicles. I'd love to get everyone's opinion and thoughts about them. As far as coverage I'm thinking hood, grill, lights, bumper, fenders, and mirrors.

I've gotten a couple quotes already, but just wanting more information then what they sell you.

Depending on cost I may apply ceramic to the rest of the vehicle as I've heard this is the best protection.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with a DIY kit from Gtechniq to ceramic coat my truck. It was a lot of work prepping and correcting the paint myself but the end result was worth all the effort. If you get some quotes for ceramic coating and it’s out of your price range look at DIY kits.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did a full PPF on my 2014 Outdoorsman(bumpers-upper/lower, hood-12", grille, A-pillar, Roof-12", door sills) and it cost me $1000 Canadian, I got my 2019 Rebel done(Hood-18", under headlight, A-Pillars, Roof-18", Door sills)for $485 but can't do the bumpers as they are powder coated and the PPF won't stick to it.

beta379

Reaction score
I did a full PPF on my 2014 Outdoorsman(bumpers-upper/lower, hood-12", grille, A-pillar, Roof-12", door sills) and it cost me $1000 Canadian, I got my 2019 Rebel done(Hood-18", under headlight, A-Pillars, Roof-18", Door sills)for $485 but can't do the bumpers as they are powder coated and the PPF won't stick to it.
Man I wish mine were that cheap. Although the quote I have gotten are from high end shops that deal with super cars as well. But so far it's about $2400 just for the PPF I was wanting!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man I wish mine were that cheap. Although the quote I have gotten are from high end shops that deal with super cars as well. But so far it's about $2400 just for the PPF I was wanting!

Ouch, the girl that's does them here is the only one that does it in the area and she has been doing it for 15+ years, she does all my vehicles.

beta379

Reaction score
Ouch, the girl that's does them here is the only one that does it in the area and she has been doing it for 15+ years, she does all my vehicles.

I'm in Houston, Texas so there are lots of options around her from fly by night shops to ultra high end. But they all seem to be around $2k-$2400 for what I'm wanting with the full coverage.

The first shop I found seem pretty legit though. Marketing can do wonders though HAHA.

This is a video of their shop doing the combo I was considering.
This is a video of just a front PPF they did.

Attached is their flyer for the work done. Unfortunately they chose the wrong truck for the pamphlets!

Attachments

• Ford Sales Sheet.jpg
    Ford Sales Sheet.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread