5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protecting our trucks from theft

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's how 99% of the RAM's are stolen up here...copy the fob signal and just drive your truck away.
However there's a cheap and easy fix that really works - a "faraday" box or pouch to put your fob in when parked.

That only solves one of the potential theft mechanisms. The other, which I believe is just as common, involves the use of a laptop and black market software. They just break in and program a new key fob. No need to relay your key fob signal - they just create a new key.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think when you reach the point where you have to proactively do everything beyond locking your truck up and having insurance it’s time to trade in your vehicle lol. I feel bad especially for the trx/hellkitty owners that can’t just go enjoy lunch without having to worry about their vehicle being jacked. Sad times and even sadder that Dodge hasn’t fool proofed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree with most of the posts above. I just have the Club on my steering wheel and that’s enough for me. Appreciate all the responses.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with most of the posts above. I just have the Club on my steering wheel and that’s enough for me. Appreciate all the responses.
Your best bet to prevent theft is to park next to a TRX or a Dodge Hellcat. 100% guaranteed they'll go for the Hellcats first.
In just the past few weeks, there have been several reports on the TRX forum of members' trucks being stolen.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your best bet to prevent theft is to park next to a TRX or a Dodge Hellcat. 100% guaranteed they'll go for the Hellcats first.
In just the past few weeks, there have been several reports on the TRX forum of members' trucks being stolen.
Also, don't park next to a Chevy. That always makes Rams look even better.

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
For me, start button kill switch, 2nd horn installed with wiring deeper in the engine bay, and the Faraday box inside my house. Like most others have said - if they want it bad enough, all they gotta do is drag it onto a flat bed. Aside from that, I feel pretty good about what I did and don't worry too much about it.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There’s been some discussion on this over on the TRX forum. It’s debatable as to whether this would work on a Ram.
I’m envisioning a thief trying to utilize this method, and being thwarted by a rogue FOTA 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread