5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project truck

Hahny

Reaction score
Picking up this 87 Dodge this weekend, I’ve always wanted this truck since I was in high school and my friend finally decided it was time to let it go! I’m torn on which was I want to go with it, one side of me wants to do a 6 inch and 35s, other way wants to keep it stock height with a new 360 fuel injected! 70435295-EEC4-4658-A4E8-E86CD16748A6.jpeg

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Love the 80's trucks, I'm a huge fan of the 80-86 Fords (I've had three bronco's and an F-250 from that era), but the Dodge's look good too! :cool:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 85 W250 had a 4 inch lift with 33s. It was about perfect. Easy to get into, a good bit extra ground clearance, and perfect for the 360 4bbl and 4 speed to get it to scoot.

If it has family connections. I would keep it near as stock as possible...but definitely get atleast a 360 Magnum in there.

I am assuming it is a 318 auto...that is what my Ramchager that is in my 1st Gen thread was. Reliable as all heck and returned decent fuel mileage...but it wasn't great for towing, but would keep up with traffic. Now, put it in 4lo and shshe would crawl around mother earth anywhere you pointed her.

Can't wait to see how this progresses. Makes me wish I wouldn't have sold mine...as the prices if these went way up

Edit: I thought that said family let it go...now I see friend. I am tired and this short week at work has been very long.

Hahny

Reaction score
My 85 W250 had a 4 inch lift with 33s. It was about perfect. Easy to get into, a good bit extra ground clearance, and perfect for the 360 4bbl and 4 speed to get it to scoot.

If it has family connections. I would keep it near as stock as possible...but definitely get atleast a 360 Magnum in there.

I am assuming it is a 318 auto...that is what my Ramchager that is in my 1st Gen thread was. Reliable as all heck and returned decent fuel mileage...but it wasn't great for towing, but would keep up with traffic. Now, put it in 4lo and shshe would crawl around mother earth anywhere you pointed her.

Can't wait to see how this progresses. Makes me wish I wouldn't have sold mine...as the prices if these went way up

Edit: I thought that said family let it go...now I see friend. I am tired and this short week at work has been very long.

I keep looking at the jegs crate motor, 360 fuel injection with 320 hp and 410 torque, just not sure I want to spend $5,300 on it!

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great looking, clean truck. Keep us updated on the project. I had a lifted ‘85 and ‘90 Ramcharger. Great tough trucks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Picking up this 87 Dodge this weekend, I’ve always wanted this truck since I was in high school and my friend finally decided it was time to let it go! I’m torn on which was I want to go with it, one side of me wants to do a 6 inch and 35s, other way wants to keep it stock height with a new 360 fuel injected! View attachment 8548
Boy that looks sweet. How much did you end up paying for it if you don’t mind me asking?

Users who are viewing this thread