5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Products to use with local car wash?

Funkanella

Reaction score
I am going to sign up for a $10 a month car unlimited car wash near me to go a couple times a week for a basic wash and dry. What are some good products to use at home for my own detailing?

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
You are going to open a big can of worms here. Waxes, polishes, ceramics, etc.

you could go to griots garage or autogeek.net or your local auto parts for mequires.depends on your budget and amount of effort you are willing to invest.

or go the expensive route and cermanic it’s first.

Code2medic

Reaction score
I am going to sign up for a $10 a month car unlimited car wash near me to go a couple times a week for a basic wash and dry. What are some good products to use at home for my own detailing?
Your first mistake is paying for a place to freely bang long floppy snakes off your car in the first place.....causing scratches swirls etc save your 10 a month grab a couple buckets and a microfiber mit and wash it on your own. Then you know exactly how it’s been washed and cared for.

if you get a car prepped right the first time wash decontaminate clay buff polish and a coating washing your car after that takes 10 minutes and maintains it shine for years.

Last edited:

DenCoRam

Reaction score
I won't enter the debate of car wash vs. hand wash, but if you move forward with the $10 unlimited I would recommend the following Adam's products for home use. Basic, easy to use, and quality...

Exterior:
1. Good microfiber cloths (click)
2. Detail spray (click) - I go to a self car wash and then use the detail spray when I get home to remove any soap residue/spots or hit areas a missed a bit
3. Ceramic boost (click) - Meant to augment a ceramic coating, but I use it occasionally after detail spray even on my vehicles without ceramic coating and it creates a nice smooth, hydrophobic surface
4. Pick a glass cleaner of your choice

Interior:
1. Interior detailer (click) - Literally use this on all surfaces on the inside of my vehicles to keep them clean/fresh. I'll use more/other products every six months or so to do a better job, but love the interior detailer.

Users who are viewing this thread