5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Production version of REV disappointing

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have not had any experience with the horizontal display. But I like the layout of my 12" display in my 2020 BTS. With the top/bottom split screen I feel it maximizes the available real estate and user defined information displayed.
The horizontal you can split into 3. You also don't lose the manual buttons that disappear in the vertical display.

6of36

Reaction score
I have not had any experience with the horizontal display. But I like the layout of my 12" display in my 2020 BTS. With the top/bottom split screen I feel it maximizes the available real estate and user defined information displayed.
My last 12 was UC4, so this may have changed also with UC5, but I can also save different layouts for different drivers. When I start my car, it says welcome driver 1,2,or 3. You can also change icons for each driver, that show which is active.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My last 12 was UC4, so this may have changed also with UC5, but I can also save different layouts for different drivers. When I start my car, it says welcome driver 1,2,or 3. You can also change icons for each driver, that show which is active.
I can set up different profiles for the media, but you have to manually switch between them. My wife's Traverse is based upon the key being used.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The horizontal you can split into 3. You also don't lose the manual buttons that disappear in the vertical display.
I don't "lose" any buttons. Other than the heated seats, but those are hot buttons on the bottom on my 12" display. I like that the manual buttons on side of the display don't stand out. Makes the dash look less cluttered

6of36

Reaction score
I don't "lose" any buttons. Other than the heated seats, but those are hot buttons on the bottom on my 12" display. I like that the manual buttons on side of the display don't stand out. Makes the dash look less cluttered
Mine are also set to my keys for to of the layouts. I'm not just talking radio stations, each of the at least 3 drivers, ( I don't know if there may be more, because I have two, and it sort of asks if I want to add another), can change total layout. One person can have only one screen, while another has split to two or three, by using keys or pusning user button. With the 12 you lose the heated seat and steering wheel buttons. The steering wheel gets way too hot for me, so I always turn off after a couple miles. It's much easier hitting a dedicated button, than searching screens to turn it off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine are also set to my keys for to of the layouts. I'm not just talking radio stations, each of the at least 3 drivers, ( I don't know if there may be more, because I have two, and it sort of asks if I want to add another), can change total layout. One person can have only one screen, while another has split to two or three, by using keys or pusning user button. With the 12 you lose the heated seat and steering wheel buttons. The steering wheel gets way too hot for me, so I always turn off after a couple miles. It's much easier hitting a dedicated button, than searching screens to turn it off.
I've heard you can't customize the "buttons" on the bottom of the UC5 display like you anneith UC4. But I have my heated seat and steering wheel as buttons on bottom of display. No searching screens, just reach over and tap the screen. I also have my steering wheel set to three levels for heat, so I have high/medium/low. I usually just use the low setting

6of36

Reaction score
I've heard you can't customize the "buttons" on the bottom of the UC5 display like you anneith UC4. But I have my heated seat and steering wheel as buttons on bottom of display. No searching screens, just reach over and tap the screen. I also have my steering wheel set to three levels for heat, so I have high/medium/low. I usually just use the low setting
Like I said my new truck is still at the dealer so I don't what is different on the 23 12 compared to my 20 12. I am looking forward to changing to the 3 level wheel. Every Mopar I've had the wheel is too hot, while my girlfriend complains her Ford isn't warm enough, and doesn't heat all the way around.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said my new truck is still at the dealer so I don't what is different on the 23 12 compared to my 20 12. I am looking forward to changing to the 3 level wheel. Every Mopar I've had the wheel is too hot, while my girlfriend complains her Ford isn't warm enough, and doesn't heat all the way around.
I was recently looking at Raptors (and am on a forum for them) and they are deleting heated wheel and mirrors on a lot of orders. The dealer also told me they couldn’t guarantee I’d get one with the option installed.

6of36

Reaction score
I had to go out to work on my UTV, so I stopped and took pictures. My name is Gary, so you can see it lists that. My girlfriend is user 2 but I didn't program her name after last dealer reset, due to all memories being lost. It will let me add at least 1 more user, and I see I was wrong, it can show 4 different screens at once. That may have changed from 3 with the dealer reset. Each user can choose their own layout, besides the other memories. I guess it can actually be 5 layouts, 2 of them show 3 screens, but a different layout.

Attachments

• Layouts.jpg
    Layouts.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Users.jpg
    Users.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 19

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had to go out to work on my UTV, so I stopped and took pictures. My name is Gary, so you can see it lists that. My girlfriend is user 2 but I didn't program her name after last dealer reset, due to all memories being lost. It will let me add at least 1 more user, and I see I was wrong, it can show 4 different screens at once. That may have changed from 3 with the dealer reset. Each user can choose their own layout, besides the other memories. I guess it can actually be 5 layouts, 2 of them show 3 screens, but a different layout.
You don't have a 12 inch screen.

Completely different options.

We only get top and bottom, we can't split screen the sides which would be nice considering how big it is.
I would love to have nav on the left, and spilt top and bottom, but it's not an option.

You can also have several pages and swipe between them. My main screen is single top, split bottom, next screen is 4 way split, and the third page is Carplay top and split bottom.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cleaned the last few replies up. Please keep it civil and no name calling or attacking other members.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. Not sure I'd ever want to split more than maybe three screens. Makes each one smaller the more splits there are.

With UC4 and the 12" you an only configure different SiriusXM profiles. I have one for me and one for my wife, since her son likes to listen to completely different genres when they take the truck.

You can also see how I have the heated seats and steering wheel as main hot buttons on the bottom of display

Attachments

• PXL_20230218_230737189.jpg
    PXL_20230218_230737189.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20230218_230928434.jpg
    PXL_20230218_230928434.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 18

6of36

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. Not sure I'd ever want to split more than maybe three screens. Makes each one smaller the more splits there are.

With UC4 and the 12" you an only configure different SiriusXM profiles. I have one for me and one for my wife, since her son likes to listen to completely different genres when they take the truck.

You can also see how I have the heated seats and steering wheel as main hot buttons on the bottom of display
I only split mine into 2. I don't know if I could have put them there on my 20. Either way, I liked the button, and they are lost with the Ram 12, but it's still there with the horizontal layout. I did complain in my survey, so maybe they added that change, or I just never found it. I will have to set the new one up that way.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I only split mine into 2. I don't know if I could have put them there on my 20. Either way, I liked the button, and they are lost with the Ram 12, but it's still there with the horizontal layout. I did complain in my survey, so maybe they added that change, or I just never found it. I will have to set the new one up that way.
For the "buttons" on the bottom of the displays they are custom configurable by clicking and dragging from app screen to bottom "tray".

@JC

Reaction score
Omg, I actually agree with you on something... almost passed out there. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread