5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Procharger deal? Hehehe

Jack.

Reaction score
Anyone got a connect or hookup @ procharger ? Looking at this etorque kit and debating whether or not I wanna drop 8k on it 😩, I do want more power but is it worth it hmmm

Jack.

Reaction score
Ever since I discovered your truck and the possibility of supercharging the Etorque 5.7 it has haunted me…. One day I will do it!🤣
Im in the same boat as you haha his truck makes me really wanna get this done xD

Jack.

Reaction score
I fortunately didn’t pay for labor but I know some people who did it themselves. I was told to expect around 1500 or so.
Btw i was curious of whats your 0-60 time, i feel like someone asked that before but i couldnt find the post haha

ya3coub

Reaction score
Mine is without the e-tourq & I really want to to supercharge my truck but still stuck between procharge or to wait for the 3.0 5th gen Whipple.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Harrop is also working on a supercharger for 5th Gen. I've been talking with them, and they are going to let me know when the kit is ready. Disregard the price on their website, that's for Australian not American dollar. They told me around $8,500 + Shipping. They also have a shop in Ohio.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At that price, not worth it to me. For $10,000 to $12,000 extra I can get a similar age 2500 with maybe a few more KM's. Much more powerful, much more truck. Maybe not quite as fast as the procharger but I want towing power/stability.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At that price, not worth it to me. For $10,000 to $12,000 extra I can get a similar age 2500 with maybe a few more KM's. Much more powerful, much more truck. Maybe not quite as fast as the procharger but I want towing power/stability.
Uhm...well then go get your 2500 that has more KMs and be happy. You usually add a supercharger cause you want to go faster. I've had my truck 3 months and a supercharger or maybe even (gasp!) a turbo has been on the long term list.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. The base MSRP for a 1500 Limited is $64,995 right now. Add a procharger ($8500) plus labor ($1500), and you're at $74,995.

Or you could buy a TRX with a base MSRP of $76,780. More horsepower than a procharger could possibly provide, and it's roughly the same price.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
anyone interested in the torqstorm? it's a more affordable route. also been looking at the edelbrock e force SC.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. The base MSRP for a 1500 Limited is $64,995 right now. Add a procharger ($8500) plus labor ($1500), and you're at $74,995.

Or you could buy a TRX with a base MSRP of $76,780. More horsepower than a procharger could possibly provide, and it's roughly the same price.
This is a very valid point. The TRX is a large truck that isn't very city friendly, ride height could be an issue, and with the procharger, the 5.7 will still get better gas mileage. :) Prochargers are good for an extra 100-150hp, not TRX numbers but will definitely wake a 5.7 up.

Jack.

Reaction score
Honestly i love my 1500 lol, i dont think i can ever go to a 2500. Im not big into the whole heavy duty truck type thing and for what i do this is good enough. My initial overall though for the super charger is just because i want to go faster like ekaz said and just didnt want TRX mpg # lol.

The best deal i got for labor and parts came to around 9.5k with pro charger but i gotta play around with that number a bit haha.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Honestly i love my 1500 lol, i dont think i can ever go to a 2500. Im not big into the whole heavy duty truck type thing and for what i do this is good enough. My initial overall though for the super charger is just because i want to go faster like ekaz said and just didnt want TRX mpg # lol.

The best deal i got for labor and parts came to around 9.5k with pro charger but i gotta play around with that number a bit haha.
Look for someone selling one. Then you could knock a good 3-4K off of that price I’m sure

Users who are viewing this thread